Valor 10-2 - 10-9 short review

OK, 34th CCL cruise first time on the Valor here is a short review of the ship only. Been to the ports many times so I did not bother with many photos this time.

1) Ship Condition _ Overall good but it is showing some age in areas

2) Food - Buffet decent but not that great. Desserts were as per usual not that good. MDR: I prefer the old menu, the comfort food is fair at best. Room service menu choices has improved in the last 6 months.

Deli- very good Burrito bar- OK Fish-n-chips-Fair at best basic themed food lines-fair Mongolian grill- Very good Grill- OK

3) Staff- Overall good

4) Entertainment- Fair to OK.. Not as good as in the past

5) Serenity areas- Very nice and not crowded for the most part

6) Platinum gift- CCL coolers

7) CD - Garl Brierly - typical pumping salesman

8) Anytime dining - completely hit-n-miss. First 2 nights were terrible. Very slow inaccurate service by 2 different waiters. Then we hit one female waiter who knew what she was doing and had the same table for the rest of the week. Some waiters are just not up to the anytime challenges. NCL has this down to a science, CCL is a work in progress.

9) Steakhouse- Nice, good food. Do yourself a favor if your want a good piece of beef, pay the $$ and don't settle for the shoe leather ...or I mean the flat iron crap they offer in the MDR.

Overall a typical decent CCL cruise well worth the $280 I paid for the wife and I to go.

Carnival Platinum Cruiser, here is Clarification on the answer you received from the "High Level" CCL person about paying for Guy Fieri burgers and same shows on every CCL cruise ship, bouncers, etc.

John Heald: this is all true ..........in the same way that it's true that you will find me on the front cover of Vegan Weekly dressed in a caftan eating a tofu sandwich. Please post this. Dear original poster.......please stop smoking your own underpants as it is making you nuts. There is no charge for the burgers. There will not be the same shows on every Carnival ship and bouncers..........you have more chance of seeing me in the sodding gym then a bouncer outside the night club.. Please post this now.........good grief.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived