RC Credit Card bonus points

Ok. I am hoping that someone on here can answer my question. Earlier this year my husband and I opened two credit card accounts on the Royal Caribbean website. The reason we signed up was because they were offering a 25,000 point bonus for signing up. Well, they never credited the 25,000 points. They have, however, credited us both with 5,000 points. I have spent 3 days and countless time on the phone trying to get this fixed. I have been told that there has never been a 25,000 point promotion and that I can get 10,000 points. This is not acceptable to me. I know what I signed up for. I have called Royal Caribbean at 888-305-4626 and they won't even help me. I have also spoken to Bank of American and they are denying a 25,000 point promo. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone offer any words of advice. Thanks so much.

Ok. I am hoping that someone on here can answer my question. Earlier this year my husband and I opened two credit card accounts on the Royal Caribbean website. The reason we signed up was because they were offering a 25,000 point bonus for signing up. Well, they never credited the 25,000 points. They have, however, credited us both with 5,000 points. I have spent 3 days and countless time on the phone trying to get this fixed. I have been told that there has never been a 25,000 point promotion and that I can get 10,000 points. This is not acceptable to me. I know what I signed up for. I have called Royal Caribbean at 888-305-4626 and they won't even help me. I have also spoken to Bank of American and they are denying a 25,000 point promo. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone offer any words of advice. Thanks so much.

I have never seen a 25,000 point offer. I've seen it as high as 15,000 for a short time. Do you know when they were offering it and how long it lasted?

We have 2 RC cards and I have never seen them offer the 25,000 - at one time it was 15,000, but even that has been at least a year ago, maybe even a couple of years ago. One of ours we got the 15,000 bonus - that was in 2007 and the other one we got in 2009 and it was the 10,000 offer.

When I got mine 3 years ago I believe it was 10,000 points. My wife just got her April 2011 and she also got 10,000 points. I don't believe I have ever seen it as high as 25,000 points.

I have never seen it up to 25,000, I got the 10,000 and 15,000 and believe me if I saw it I would have another card! My marriott was that many, could you be confusing cards? Also RCCL has nothing to do with the points only after you redeem them. Keep us posted

I guess you didn't print anything showing the 25,000 point promo?

15,000 is the highest I have ever seen it too.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was wrong. No, I didn't think to copy the offer. If it is the 10,000 points, they have only given us the 5,000 on each card and Bank of America is giving me trouble about the other 5,000 points.

My wife and I also got the cards last Nov. when they had a brief 15,000 points promotion. Our first statement only gave us credit for 10,000 points, but when I called and then emailed the screen I had copied originally (a "mistake" has happened too many times in the past for me not to make copies of ANY promotions) it was changed to 15,000!

Yes, Chocolate Melting Cake. I have learned my lesson. I will get any kind of proof I need next time. We opened the one account in November 2010, so I guess it could have been the 15,000 points. I don't know if I will have any luck getting that though. I am very disappointed in Bank of America. There customer service has been really awful.:(

I had my husband sign up for a card about a month ago when they were offering 15,000. When he called to activate the card they said, "Oh, I see you get 5000 bonus points?" He said, ahhh, no I should get 15,000!" They then said...Oh yeah, I see that now. Sounds like they are trying to get away with not giving the bonus points that they advertise. We got the 15,000 no problem after saying that was what we were suppose to have. I redeemed them immediately for our upcoming Oasis Cruise in November! :)

Archived