Best deck and Mini Suite on the Island

Psychedout

Hi,

We are doing the 10 day Panama Canal in March 2012, we always get a AA mini suite on the Dolphin deck on all our other cruises. I just found out tonight the AA mini's are Aft on Baja any suggestion on what deck would be good for a mini suite for this cruise.

Thanks,

Hugh

I'm going to point you to this site, which is a wealth of information about the Island:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I had a (window) minisuite forward on Caribe (C204), and I'm sure you'll want a balcony, so I'm not going to recommend that exact cabin! But, I loved the location because it was so convenient to the forward viewing deck (great on Canal day) and the forward bank of elevators. On this ship, the buffet is forward, as is the Wheelhouse and the pool . . . . so it was more convenient, although I generally prefer aft. Anyway, take a look at that website -- it has great photos, too.

We're on the Baja deck and we're forward. Also cat. AA. Looks like on that deck they're either all the way forward or all the way aft.

Hi Terri Detroit lost BOOOO.:( Well be did not know why the AA's are Aft and stern and only on Baja. Oh well live and learn.

Hugh:)

While we usually book AA mini's--we decided to go with an AB. The AAs that book the fastest are the corner ones on the bump out.

We picked D416 for our February 27, 2012 cruise on the island. I based my decision on some feed back here and the pictures referenced above.

I'm going to point you to this site, which is a wealth of information about the Island:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I had a (window) minisuite forward on Caribe (C204), and I'm sure you'll want a balcony, so I'm not going to recommend that exact cabin! But, I loved the location because it was so convenient to the forward viewing deck (great on Canal day) and the forward bank of elevators. On this ship, the buffet is forward, as is the Wheelhouse and the pool . . . . so it was more convenient, although I generally prefer aft. Anyway, take a look at that website -- it has great photos, too.

thanks for the information!:)

Hugh

We are going on the Island Full transit in March! I booked a Dolphin AC aft because we wanted a covered balcony for shade and/or from rain. The website posted was so helpful picking a cabin!

Normally we like the Baja Deck AA's forward for the same reason rdsqrl mentioned...the forward viewing deck is awesome! We were in B212, which was great, but it wasn't covered. It was cool to sit on the balcony and watch the captain in the bridge wing, he's just forward of B212, but up one level.

Have fun!

We are going on the Island Full transit in March! I booked a Dolphin AC aft because we wanted a covered balcony for shade and/or from rain. The website posted was so helpful picking a cabin!

Normally we like the Baja Deck AA's forward for the same reason rdsqrl mentioned...the forward viewing deck is awesome! We were in B212, which was great, but it wasn't covered. It was cool to sit on the balcony and watch the captain in the bridge wing, he's just forward of B212, but up one level.

Have fun!

Thanks, we are looking forward to the cruise:)

Archived