Regent Emails

lkakers

There have been discussions here on Cruise Critic lately with various people reporting having received Regent emails, and some people haven't received the emails, but report that Regent does have their email address.

Now I'm wondering if everyone has signed up through the Regent website via their Enroll in "E-News & Offers" (http://www.rssc.com/newsletter/) or if Regent just has your email in your account? It could be that Regent will only email you the notices and offers if you've "enrolled" for their newsletter (in an effort to reduce spam). I know I've signed up for the newsletter, and I definitely seem to be receiving the emails that have recently been mentioned...

I have signed up multiple times over the last three years.... And in spite of also contacting Regent by phone I still don't get e-mails.

Over the last three days I have been e-mailing a young lady named Holly

In the SSS dept. She has tried with IT Dept help to figure out the problem.

I did not get an understandable answer but she did forward the two most recent e-mails (New SSS Benefits and the 2012/2013 Itinerary).

She did claim they had manually corrected my "Ptofile" and that I

should get e-mails in the future. I think the IT people think the e-mails had been going to my junk file..... But I looked for these last two as they would have still been there....

They seemed to think this was an isolated case soooo if you are have problems also call SSS Holly Johnson

At (702) 272-2069...

Enough energy wasted on this issue!

Happy sailing :)

Interesting responses... am curious to see if the "fixes" for Nana541 and Shrinkann make a difference!

And I agree, regent traveller -- that is just not a good way to find out that kind of detail!

I think it's interesting that I get all sorts of mail and e-mail from Regent but when they changed the itinarary on our Singapore to Dubai cruise this March I had to find out about the change from a friend.

I agree that this important information needed to be communicated to you in a timely manner. It does make me wonder about your TA. In the few instances when there has been a change in our itinerary, Regent has contacted our TA directly who in turn contacted us.

As an aside, I have the same problem with Silversea email as some of you are describing with Regent. It makes me wonder if the enormous mailing lists these cruise lines have cut off (or time out) before transmitting all emails:confused:

Lkakers is right about there being different mailing lists at Regent. I get some Regent emails in my main email account (which I use for work and most personal email); I get some Regent emails in an alternate email account I don't use very often. I can't recall how and when I provided these addresses to Radisson back more than a decade ago. But the emails I get in the two accounts are not the same. Maybe one email list goes to active customer profiles and another is a marketing list? One would think they'd merge and purge their lists, but, well... we've seen many times over communications and information technology aren't always Regent's strong suits! ;)

-- Eric

Archived