I'm trying not to panic!! It's not working!

dogchopper

I was just going to say the same thing. All liquids you carry on the plane must go in a quart size ziploc in 3oz or less bottles. 1 ziploc per person.

Also, buying sunscreen on the ship will eat into your savings - it was going for around $20 a tube in the ship store the last time I looked.

Make sure you use a QUART sizebag. The sandwich bags are smaller. Every inch counts!

I'm planning to hit a Lush store and buy a shampoo and conditioner bar and maybe a cocoa butter bar for lotion. That way, they aren't liquids! And I lurve Lush's stuff.

On second thought, I may just get this: http://www.amazon.com/J-R-Liggetts-Mini-Traveler/dp/B0027H4CDK/ref=pd_sbs_bt3

Much cheaper than Lush!

ETA: I went ahead and ordered both that and this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BQ4KX0

Yay for liquid-free toiletries!

I had a port hole room on the Fascination. I asked my room steward for a hair dryer and he brought me one right away.

He removed the last night when he turned down the bed and I had to get it back in the morning to dry my hair.

They do have hair dryers but they might not have enough for everyone-so ask right away.

You also have the option to do laundry. My DH and I do laundry on every cruise so we only have to pack half of what we need. You can buy sheets that have laundry detergent and softner in them. They weigh nothing.

Good luck and have a great time.

I'm planning to hit a Lush store and buy a shampoo and conditioner bar and maybe a cocoa butter bar for lotion. That way, they aren't liquids! And I lurve Lush's stuff.

I remember that store..never shopped there..will check online..sarah

On second thought, I may just get this: http://www.amazon.com/J-R-Liggetts-Mini-Traveler/dp/B0027H4CDK/ref=pd_sbs_bt3

Much cheaper than Lush!

ETA: I went ahead and ordered both that and this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BQ4KX0

Yay for liquid-free toiletries!

Very new to me and great idea. Thanks.....Sarah

well if you really want to bring everything you need to check a larger bag unless you plan on wearing layers and layers of clothing as you board. There is just no way it all can fit in one carryon. Your other option is to bring just one casual outfit, one dinner outfit and wash it each day. If you can afford the price of a cruise, another $50 wont make a difference in the long run but will make it less than enjoyable if you dont have evrything you need. You already out out the money for the cruise so just spend a bit more and check a bag.

well if you really want to bring everything you need to check a larger bag unless you plan on wearing layers and layers of clothing as you board. There is just no way it all can fit in one carryon. Your other option is to bring just one casual outfit, one dinner outfit and wash it each day. If you can afford the price of a cruise, another $50 wont make a difference in the long run but will make it less than enjoyable if you dont have evrything you need. You already out out the money for the cruise so just spend a bit more and check a bag.

Bull crap.

What is a 'lush' store?

I am sure hoping to be able to squeeze everything in, I am borrowing my daughters suitcase because I don't even have a carry on one.

And I'm still laughing at the wearing all your underware :) too funny but I don't think I'm that desperate just yet!

I usually am the typical woman packer, bring it all!! So this is going to be a challenge for me!

It is way easy to overpack. Most people don't wear everything they bring. I recommend making a pile of everything you think you need a week or so before you go, piled into your suitcase. Every time you walk by, reconsider it. Do you really need 4 pair of shorts for 4 days? Maybe if you take dark colored ones you can only pack two and wear each twice. Spill something on it? Wash out the spot and let it dry. Do you really need extra clothes just in case? The "just in case" things usually can be left home. Look carefully at every item you think you have to have and think hard- do you really need it? Nobody but you is really going to notice what you are wearing- I can think of about 2 outfits I remember people wearing in all the cruises I have taken. Neither because of their great beauty and elegance. Too much else is going on to care what people are wearing as long as it doesn't stand out too much because of screaming colors or brevity. On the other hand, some people love to dress up onboard and that is fine if that is what you enjoy.

Thanks, that is a cool website! None around me but there's always shopping online! I was wondering about hair gels? I use one it says it's a gel but it sprays, I suppose I can't take that either!!! I'm gonna have really bad hair!!

Just be aware that they don't replace things if they melt during shipment. That's the only reason I hadn't placed an order before now! Texas = melty.

Can you find something that will work in the travel size department at Walmart or your grocery store?

Im staying at a hotel 1 night precruise. Im going to mail my shampoo and sunscreen there! Found the spray sunscreen half off the other day at Krogers!:D

You know I was just thinking... I wonder if anyone has ever mailed their liquid stuff?? Good idea if your staying overnight at a hotel, I wish I was!!

And 5waldos, you are so right, I always over pack and lug a bunch of crap with me that I don't need!! Not gonna do it this time!!

Twibbs, I am heading out to walmarts later today to see what I can find!

I agree, I am cheap but even if I weren't its aggravating for them charge me 25 bucks each way to check my luggage.. Thats just crazy!

And as far as shuttles go.. I was looking into Cocoa Beach shuttle service not sure if they are the best deal or not just yet.

I didnt see where you were talking about East Coast Ports.. when I clicked on that I got info on booking cruises.. Dont need that :)

Well you can use Carnivals shuttle, I think it's 25 pp each way. We personally rent a car, there is a Budget or Avis kiosk near the port and they shuttle you there for free. We took a taxi once and it was 125.00 :eek:

Carole

We always stay at the port the night before cruising and have our wine to carry onboard shipped there. Better wine, no rushing around trying to find a decent store, and we can order an extra one to sip the night before boarding. Same would be true of anything else you were buying that you didn't want to carry with you. And it is fun to arrive with a nice box waiting for you. Of course, next trip I only get one bottle to bring since everyone else is 18.

Well you can use Carnivals shuttle, I think it's 25 pp each way. We personally rent a car, there is a Budget or Avis kiosk near the port and they shuttle you there for free. We took a taxi once and it was 125.00 :eek:

Carole

I will check but I thought carnivals was more than that.. If it's not, I'll use them!! And renting a car????? I wonder how that would work! Can you rent it at the airport and drop it near the port?? You said they will shuttle you to the port?

[quote name='iTouch']Mailing stuff to the hotel.....buying special products.....wouldn't it be just as cheap to check a bag? Seriously all this extra money and work?[/QUOTE]

Not with free shipping. Or if you are going to have it shipped to you anyway. But I don't buy special products- although I have been know to use ziplock bags, especially when the kids were young- I'd just pack an outfit in each bag which made their dressing easier.

[quote name='iTouch']Mailing stuff to the hotel.....buying special products.....wouldn't it be just as cheap to check a bag? Seriously all this extra money and work?[/quote]

Even if it were, there are other advantages to packing light. Your room onboard is not as cluttered, you don't have the mystery of wondering whether your bag is going to make it to the same place you do, and if you decide you're starving when you get to the airport and want to go out to eat, it's a lot easier to do without having to stop by the hotel and check in first.

[quote name='Twibbs']Even if it were, there are other advantages to packing light. Your room onboard is not as cluttered, you don't have the mystery of wondering whether your bag is going to make it to the same place you do, and if you decide you're starving when you get to the airport and want to go out to eat, it's a lot easier to do without having to stop by the hotel and check in first.[/quote]

But I thought the whole idea was so the op didn't have to pay for the checked luggage fee:confused:

[quote name='iTouch']But I thought the whole idea was so the op didn't have to pay for the checked luggage fee:confused:[/quote]

That was her reason for doing it. I'm just saying, for others reading the thread, there are other reasons to do it.

Archived