How soon can you board

ape1020

I'm departing on Sunday on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami. My boarding pass says boarding time is 12-230pm with a departure time of 4p. I thought I read on the forums that you can board possibly as early as 1030am? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

I have always wondered about this. If the boarding times state 12-12:30 why would you go earleir?

If you can't get to your stateroom until 1:30, whats the point? There have been too many threads and back and forth talk of the rights or wrongs of trying to sneak to your cabin.

If dinner is at 6pm, do you go earlier and try and get served?

I have always wondered about this. If the boarding times state 12-12:30 why would you go earleir?

If you can't get to your stateroom until 1:30, whats the point? There have been too many threads and back and forth talk of the rights or wrongs of trying to sneak to your cabin.

The sooner we get on the ship the sooner our cruise starts. We would rather wait at the port than in a hotel lobby. Each is their own.

We fly in the day before, so I guess the choice is sit around the hotel for a few extra hours or got to the ship early. 1. It isn't crowded if you embark early. 2. You can get on the ship, eat lunch (for free) and explore the ship before it fills with people. Why WOULDN'T you get on early? Last cruise we had our swimsuits underneith our clothes, got some beers and hit the pool while most people were waiting in a long line to get though security. Seems like a no brainer to me.

And no, we don't 'sneak' to our cabin before it's ready.

The difference between those two scenarios is that the dining room is not ready for people before 6:00 and won't let them in. It is well known that the ship is ready, normally around 11:00, and that people can begin boarding. If Carnival didn't want people on the ship at that time then they would simply make them wait. But they don't, so I go early.

I'm departing on Sunday on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami. My boarding pass says boarding time is 12-230pm with a departure time of 4p. I thought I read on the forums that you can board possibly as early as 1030am? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

never seen that early, but have boarded as early as the 11 o'clock hour.

and it all depends how efficient the previous passengers disembark.

never seen that early, but have boarded as early as the 11 o'clock hour.

and it all depends how efficient the previous passengers disembark.

And sea conditions that particular day.

How quickly the ship passes customs.

The list of factors grows and grows.

To bypass the lines and get on for lunch and buckets:D Why would I want to go to my cabin right away?

Archived