HELP...Cruise excursion or on our own???

amhcruise

We will be on the NCL Epic for an 8:00-4:00 day in St. Thomas. We definitely want to go to Trunk Bay, but we are wondering if we should do NCL's excursion or do it on our own? I have read that the NCL excursion will only give us about 1 1/2 hours on the beach. Will we have more time if we venture out on our own? Cost is not the concern...our concern is maximizing time at the beach. Admittedly, we are not world travelers, so the idea of venturing out on our own is a bit intimidating. It would only be worth it if it will give us significantly more time at Trunk Bay.

I know there is a lot a lot of postings about getting to TB, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer about whether doing it on your own saves a lot of time?

Any info is much appreciated! :)

We will be on the NCL Epic for an 8:00-4:00 day in St. Thomas. We definitely want to go to Trunk Bay, but we are wondering if we should do NCL's excursion or do it on our own? I have read that the NCL excursion will only give us about 1 1/2 hours on the beach. Will we have more time if we venture out on our own? Cost is not the concern...our concern is maximizing time at the beach. Admittedly, we are not world travelers, so the idea of venturing out on our own is a bit intimidating. It would only be worth it if it will give us significantly more time at Trunk Bay.

I know there is a lot a lot of postings about getting to TB, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer about whether doing it on your own saves a lot of time?

Any info is much appreciated! :)

You need to realize a couple of things. First it is going to take between an hour and an hour and a half each way in travel time to get to Trunk Bay on St. John. It is easy to do on your own and you will have more time at teh beach, though the real beauty of Trunk Bay is under the water so be prepared to snorkel. You can end up with a good 3 to 4 hours at Trunk Bay depending on the ferry schedule and which ferry you are able to get eeach way.

Also keep in mind that when you are in the USVI you are in the United States so you don't have passport worries, or concerns about getting stranded, if for some reason you get left behind you get on a plane and fly back to the main land just like flying between New York and Texas.

Archived