Genoa on a Sunday?

wantocruisemore

I had planned to just do Genoa on our own and have a relaxing walk around to the shops and some of the sites, but then realized we will be there on a Sunday. Will this impact our shopping and touring?

I know that we could do a ship's excursion to Portofino but we really don't like ship's excursions except as a last resort.

I've been trying to research Genoa and it seems there are several small things to do. The biggest thing seems to be the Aquarium but we are not interested in that after swimming with dolphins, sea lions and manatees last year in the caribbean and several trips to Sea World in Florida plus the Aquarium in our own state and also in New Orleans recently.

We like history and while scenery is nice, my oldest DD and DH are not into just riding and looking at scenery for all day.

We are in port at Genoa 7am to 7pm. It's one of their embarkation ports but we're getting on the day before in Civitavecchia.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived