Future Cruise Deposit

ashley0826

It is $100.00 cost which will apply to your deposit when booking. You can apply the $100.00 to a future booking that does not have to be made at that time - must use certificate within two years. You can call your travel agent or CCL direct when you get home. You will then also receive a $100.00 non-refundable on board credit for 7 night, 3-5 is $50.00, 6 is $75.00 and 12 is $200.00. Also, the certificate is refundable when you get back home after purchasing if for some reason you change your mind. And, (breathe) if the ship you are on does not have a place to sell certificates, call CCL within 30 days of sailing and you can buy one direct. One certificate may be used per cabin. Look for the desk location in your Fun Times and see what hours they are open. Some ships even have a slot where you can fill it out and it will charge to your c card linked to your sail and sign. You will then pick up your certificates later or they will be delivered to your cabin. Easy, easy, easy.

All this has got me wondering...

I have 2 cruises coming up that are all booked and fully paid for. Can I buy FCC while on the first cruise for $100 then turn around and use it and the additional $100 credit on the 2nd (it's a 9 day), thus saving myself $200 ($100 FCC + $100 OBC) on that cruise's extra expenses? ;)

Thanks for the help!

All this has got me wondering...

I have 2 cruises coming up that are all booked and fully paid for. Can I buy FCC while on the first cruise for $100 then turn around and use it and the additional $100 credit on the 2nd (it's a 9 day), thus saving myself $100 on that cruise's extra expenses? ;)

Thanks for the help!

there is a thread right on the front page on exactly this. the FCCs say they cannot be used on already booked cruises, so someone is asking for recent experience and people have been able to do this.

You might want to read that thread for yourself .. but it looks like its still good to go.

It is $100.00 cost which will apply to your deposit when booking. You can apply the $100.00 to a future booking that does not have to be made at that time - must use certificate within two years. You can call your travel agent or CCL direct when you get home. You will then also receive a $100.00 non-refundable on board credit for 7 night, 3-5 is $50.00, 6 is $75.00 and 12 is $200.00. Also, the certificate is refundable when you get back home after purchasing if for some reason you change your mind. And, (breathe) if the ship you are on does not have a place to sell certificates, call CCL within 30 days of sailing and you can buy one direct. One certificate may be used per cabin. Look for the desk location in your Fun Times and see what hours they are open. Some ships even have a slot where you can fill it out and it will charge to your c card linked to your sail and sign. You will then pick up your certificates later or they will be delivered to your cabin. Easy, easy, easy.

I worded my question wrong :/ Sorry...I was going to ask do the deposits stay the same but I am guessing that you pay the deposits once you choose a cruise not while on the ship right? Again sorry...I know that was a lot to explain but thank you!

No problem. Maybe it helped someone else! :)

At any rate, you will pay deposit when you book cruise, be it on the ship at that time or when you return and book within the next two years. If you don't book on board, you will only pay what is required to have the certificate.

Applying a FCC does not change deposits. same as always. depends on the length of your cruise. $250 pp for a 7 day, $200 is for a 5 day, $150 for a 4 day etc.

I worded my question wrong :/ Sorry...I was going to ask do the deposits stay the same but I am guessing that you pay the deposits once you choose a cruise not while on the ship right? Again sorry...I know that was a lot to explain but thank you!

the deposit stay the same.

If you book onboard you can apply the $100 cost to the full deposit amount.

If you buy one to bring home, you will pay the full deposit when you book and get the FCC applied and the $100 cost of the FCC will be applied to the balance.

Can you purchase a FCC for yourself and for someone else that you may want to travel with on a future cruise?

You can only purchase them in the name of whomever is on the cruise.

One is good for the whole cabin. If you book onboard however, they will give you two friends and family certs that your friend could use to get the same OBC.

as outlined below

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

thanks that in fo is good to know . My sister and her husband are thinking of going on a cruise and if I could find a way to give them an incentive then that might just make it happen .

the friends and family certs they have to book the same cruise you do.

the friends and family certs they have to book the same cruise you do.

Yeah I figured that . I like travelling with family . always good to have an extra camera taking shots . I'm usually the one that is behind the lense so its nice to get a few other pics mixed in .

This is no longer available:(

And, (breathe) if the ship you are on does not have a place to sell certificates, call CCL within 30 days of sailing and you can buy one direct.

They are still available under above situation. Sorry to differ but the certificates are not available for purchase when currently on board Imagination, Paradise, Sensation, or Victory. For this reason, if you call CCL within 30 days of sailing on these ships when you return, you can purchase certificate direct when sailing on these ships.

This has been re-confirmed.

And, (breathe) if the ship you are on does not have a place to sell certificates, call CCL within 30 days of sailing and you can buy one direct.

They are still available under above situation. Sorry to differ but the certificates are not available for purchase when currently on board Imagination, Paradise, Sensation, or Victory. For this reason, if you call CCL within 30 days of sailing on these ships when you return, you can purchase certificate direct when sailing on these ships.

This has been re-confirmed.

id also read you only have 7 days to purchase them after returning? so, I wouldnt wait around. This is the first time I read a whole 30 days, so people are being told different things.

Can you get FCC AND Shareholder credit both.? Years ago you couldn't but the way I''m reading the posts, they are combinable now. Thanks

yes, and you could combine them as far back as when they first introduced FCCs. They were always combinable.

I couldnt combine promo $100 OBC once my PVP told me.. and back then I just let it go, some times they just give you wrong info.

Iv had FCCs since they first started selling them on just a few ships, and Iv always been able to combine them with stock. Someone told you incorrectly.

Archived