Jr. Suite vs. Grand Suite - Mariner

So, we are booked in a Jr. Suite, and the price difference is $1,500 more for the Grand Suite (4 people).

Is it worth it? Is the concierge that much better a deal for the money? Any pros and cons I should know?

Maybe there will be one available for an upgrade that day.

With 4 people I personally would rather have 2 D1 balconies than one large suite due to having the extra bathroom. As for the conceirge, everyone seems to value those services differently. IMO I think it is nice, but I would not book a Grand Suite for that reason. As for one being available, thats hit or miss. You can check room availability online leading up to the cruise to get an idea if any are available. Then get to the pier very early and ask the pier coordinator.

We were in a jr suite on the Mariner in October. We only had 3 people in the room, but we had plenty of room, and all of the people from our group of 30 hung out in our room all the time. The only downfall was only having the 1 bathroom, but if you plan ahead, you can do fine with sharing the space. The walk-in closet is awesome, and makes a great changing room.

It depends on several things. Are the 4 of you family (parents and young children/teens) or parents/adult children or parents/adult child and spouse or 2 couples who are related, such as sisters and their spouses (that would be us) or 2 unrelated couples or 4 friends? I know, lots of configurations. I ask because that is what my answer would depend upon. Personally, if it was us and 2 children (non-adult) then either would be fine. Any other configuration, I would say 4 young adult friends would do okay in a JS, but 4 more, um, mature friends (that would be me and my friends) would do better in the larger suite or 2 balcony cabins. As far as any configuration of 2 adult couples, definitely 2 balcony cabins for both the benefit of 2 bathrooms and some privacy. My DH and I travel with my sister and her DH. We are close, get along very well, and are all good friends, but we need our privacy and "alone" time.

Just my 2 cents.

beachchick

We are me and dh, and my dd 9 and ds 7, so I am sure we will have plenty of space. The room is bigger than our last cruise on Disney Magic. I do love that they have the split bathroom on that ship. This is my children's 3rd cruise and will be our 8th (me and dh).

This will be our 4th RCCL cruise, but we will get 2 points for the Jr. Suite and go up one level for our next cruise!

I just wanted to know what everyone thought, is it really worth that much more money for the extra space and concierge service?

Our friends will be in the Royal Suite, I guess I can live vicariously through them. Our group (11 cabins) have a mishmosh of almost all the cabins. I am glad I will get to see that Promenade interior view too!

Anyway, any and all descriptions of both rooms or pictures would be great! Just getting psyched for our trip that seems to be coming up so slowly, since we booked last spring.

Archived