o.b,credit

lolmerry

I have been purchasing shipboard credit,putting the odd $100 on,when i have logged into my onboard a/c it shows up what as been purchased,Yesterday i purchased another $100 and it isnt showing up yet,as anyone else experienced this? Can it sometimes take a while to show?Hope someone can help :confused:

I have been purchasing shipboard credit,putting the odd $100 on,when i have logged into my onboard a/c it shows up what as been purchased,Yesterday i purchased another $100 and it isnt showing up yet,as anyone else experienced this? Can it sometimes take a while to show?Hope someone can help :confused:

Last summer I made the mistake of purchasing two $100 OBCs for the same date. Only one showed up in my online account. When I called HAL, they said that it showed I had $200 OBC for that particular date. It just didn't show up online in my account. I made sure I took all the paperwork, and when I got on board, I checked to be sure that everything was in my account.

BTW, all the OBC showed up in my account right away, despite when I said I wanted to have it delivered. I had it spread out throughout my cruise. I got the little cards, "A Gift for You" on the days that I'd requested the OBC, but the first time I asked for a statement, all the OBC I'd purchased was already in there.

Where exactly do you see where you would have an OBC? I bought some through our TA and want to make sure it is there before we board.

I purchased mine online, and it showed up in my online purchases. If you log in and go to "My Reservations", then click on "My Custom Itinerary", it should theoretically show up there. Not sure how it would work through a TA. That might not show up there. If it doesn't show up, then I'd check with the TA or call HAL to be sure that it's accounted for.

Also, only the OBC that you have actually purchased shows up in your online reservation. Any OBC given by HAL or your TA does not show up there.

Bring your receipts on the cruise with you. We wanted to prepay everything prior to our last cruise and so we bought several hundred dollars in OBC in addition to OBC from our travel agent. When we got on board there was only $300 credited to our account. We had to go to the front desk several times over the first day and a half, but it was eventually straightened out. It was frustrating, but the gentleman I was dealing with was very nice and sent us a tray of lovely chocolates with a note of apology. Because of this situation we didn't purchase OBC for our upcoming cruise. It was truly a hassle I didn't want to deal with again. I am glad I had the receipts I needed so I had proof of purchase. It really would have soured the trip to have not had access to our OBC while on the ship.

Just an FYI. Have a wonderful cruise!

I apologize ahead of time for this ignorant question...! Can you just use a credit card onboard when purchasing things (gift shop, drinks whatever)? Or is this where OBC comes into play? Thanks.

When you do your registration with HAL, each pax is asked tp provide a CC or check the box that indicates you will deposit cash, upon entering the ship. We did register cc info, but did deposit a sizeable cash deposit on the first day, there actually was a credit returned to us on departure.

Thanks for the reply, but I was asking if I can just use my credit card for onboard purchases, whatever they may be, instead of purchasing on- board credit. Thanks.

Whatever you spend on board including the Hotel charge is put on your account. At the end of the cruise, you can pay that amount in cash or leave it on your registered credit card. The pay your card as you would for any normal charge.

Last summer I made the mistake of purchasing two $100 OBCs for the same date. Only one showed up in my online account. When I called HAL, they said that it showed I had $200 OBC for that particular date. It just didn't show up online in my account. I made sure I took all the paperwork, and when I got on board, I checked to be sure that everything was in my account.

BTW, all the OBC showed up in my account right away, despite when I said I wanted to have it delivered. I had it spread out throughout my cruise. I got the little cards, "A Gift for You" on the days that I'd requested the OBC, but the first time I asked for a statement, all the OBC I'd purchased was already in there.

I puchased my o/b credit for the same date do you think that is why its not showing up??

I apologize ahead of time for this ignorant question...! Can you just use a credit card onboard when purchasing things (gift shop, drinks whatever)? Or is this where OBC comes into play? Thanks.

When you complete your Signature Boarding Pass - one question asks you if you will be paying by credit card or cash for all your onboard expenses.

Once you are on the ship -- your use your ID card to pay for everything -- drinks -- items you buy in the shops, etc. -- it all goes onto your shipboard account. No cash on the ship until the end of the cruise. This is when you have a choice of paying off your bill by cash or shipboard credit.

Not everyone buys shipbaord credit ahead of their cruise to reduce their final bill at the end. It's a personal choice what you do.

I puchased my o/b credit for the same date do you think that is why its not showing up??

That may be why. Apparently they can only say that you purchased $100 obc for a particular day - they don't say online how many you've purchased for each day. Be sure to take your documentation with you! Just for your own peace of mind, though, I'd call HAL and ask. They can see it in their system, even if it doesn't show up online.

Archived