POLL - what Caribbean/Panama Canal topics would YOU like to hear onboard!

marypat01

thinking about the Caribbean Basin - what topics would YOU like to hear?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. thinking about the Caribbean Basin - what topics would YOU like to hear?

• Ancient civilizations of the Caribbean (Olmec, Maya, Aztec, etc.)
    • Pirates of the Caribbean (say, a former crewmember of Blackbeard's)
    • Topics like Ancient Atlantis or the Bermuda Triangle
    • Georgrphically speaking - why are some of the islands volcanic and others are not?
    • Topics covering the plants and animals of the Caribbean
    • How did the European discovery of the Americas change the Caribbean
    • Modern history of the Caribbean (20th and 21st Century)
    • There were people here before Columbus, where did they all come from?
    • Columbus was not the first - who else "discovered" the Americas?
    • I have added a new topic in a reply to this post!

Many cruise lines have generic lectures on computers, photography, best excursions, best shopping etc. Sometimes there are even guest speakers who talk on a variety of other topics, usually called destination related or enrichment topics. This poll will let you vote on different topics and requests suggestions for topics if not included in the poll - for that you merely have to reply to this post!

Fair winds and following sails!

But don't let the Nor'easter get you.

Patrick

I think all of your ideas are pretty good. I've actually seen similar lectures on Princess and Celebrity ships. Just FYI, the enrichment seminars on those cruise lines are part of what classifies them as Premium lines. Although, it would still be nice to see RCI offer them as an option.

I think all of your ideas are pretty good. I've actually seen similar lectures on Princess and Celebrity ships. Just FYI, the enrichment seminars on those cruise lines are part of what classifies them as Premium lines. Although, it would still be nice to see RCI offer them as an option.

try the 25 MAR 2012 Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - I'll be speaking on that cruise. I was on the Freedom this past February. They generally offer them in the Caribbean when a cruise has 3 or more sea days. I can also be found on Princess ships a couple times a year.

Patrick

I would like to see lectures about the places we are going to visit and what to do there - other than where to shop and which ship excursions we can take.

This would apply to all cruises not just Caribbean and Panama Canal.

The lecturers really ought to be people from the area not cruise line staff who only know about the areas from visiting there on previous cruises.

Archived