Breakaway--after Bermuda

signora

Well...if all the Press here in NYC is accurate, they are saying that the Breakaway will be home-port in NY "...year-round"

If so, it would be logical that, after the Bermuda season, it would assume the same Caribbean itinerary that the Jewel is doing now.

Well...if all the Press here in NYC is accurate, they are saying that the Breakaway will be home-port in NY "...year-round"

If so, it would be logical that, after the Bermuda season, it would assume the same Caribbean itinerary that the Jewel is doing now.

I hope not!! I am doing the Florida/Bahamas thing for the third time this January!! Would love a little different option.. maybe 8 days and going just a bit further south...

I hope not!! I am doing the Florida/Bahamas thing for the third time this January!! Would love a little different option.. maybe 8 days and going just a bit further south...

Well, in NYC, generally the GEM/Jewel leave on Saturday/Sunday doing 7 days with the Bermuda and Bahamas itineraries.

I think it's been that way because for most folks the weekend departure/return just works better and it is probably easier filling the ships. I know that's the case for us.

However, next year GEM is doing 9 and 10 day Eastern Caribbean from NYC from October through April 2013, so that would be a possibility going forward.

Howard

Personally I think NCL will be doing the 7 day Bahamas and Florida itinerary with the ship because of two reasons:

1. It's too large to fill for anything longer than a 7 day voyage. Most people can't get the time off from work for longer than that or at least younger folks can't.

2. Some of the ports on the 10 day itineraries NCL has recently done from NYC cannot accomodate a ship of this size.

Based on these two concepts, I have a strong belief the late Fall/Winter/Spring itineraries will be Port Canaveral, Nassau and possibly Freeport unless NCL can figure out the logistics or get larger tenders for their private island. I think the enhancements to the island might have been to accomodate larger ships such as Breakaway.

Personally I think NCL will be doing the 7 day Bahamas and Florida itinerary with the ship because of two reasons:

1. It's too large to fill for anything longer than a 7 day voyage. Most people can't get the time off from work for longer than that or at least younger folks can't.

2. Some of the ports on the 10 day itineraries NCL has recently done from NYC cannot accomodate a ship of this size.

Based on these two concepts, I have a strong belief the late Fall/Winter/Spring itineraries will be Port Canaveral, Nassau and possibly Freeport unless NCL can figure out the logistics or get larger tenders for their private island. I think the enhancements to the island might have been to accomodate larger ships such as Breakaway.

I agree wholeheartedly... If you wish to sail longer further south book a smaller ship on another cruise line... There are more than one cruise line...

NCL does have longer repo cruises to the Southern Caribbean from New York City, not sure of 2013. Although maybe not on the date you wish...

Where does the Epic fit --- what ports in the caribbean does the Epic sail to --- I was just thinking --- if the Epic can fit why not the Breakaway ?

I loved the 8 day on the Spirit --- it was great --- we all still talk about that trip

From New York City, NCL favorite destinations are Canada in fall, Bermuda in summer, Florida & Bahamas in winter - all seven night cruises. In mid-winter (January) NCL will do an Eastern Caribbean - but EC itineraries usually last 10 to 11 nights.

I agree with others who stated that the Breakaway isn't likely to do longer than 7 night sailings. Therefore it very likely the other, smaller NCL ship sailing from NYC will do the longer EC itineraries. Keep in mind NCL has long term pier deals with both Bermuda and the Bahamas. But NCL could surprise us.

I agree as well, however, can't they change the port canveral to key west ...I mean if wanted to go to Florida I can go there for 1/2 the price....just sayn'...

I would love to see Miami as a port call rather than just a place to turn around the ship versus Port Canaveral and add another destination versus Nassau. Key West would be great but I'm not sure the pier is long enough or large enough to deal with a ship like Breakaway. It's too big. Tendering would be an utter nightmare.

I don't see why one would think that the Breakaway would be too large for the Caribbean ports. The QM2, which is about 152,000 tons (larger than the Breakaway), visits such "NCL ports" as San Juan, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Barbados. If the QM2 is not too large, why would the Breakaway be too large at 144,000 tons? Also, the RCL Freedom Class ships, at 150,000 tons, visits Caribbean ports.

Rick

It it too large for New England/Canada ports? That would be my wish.

with the new mega terminal in Portland, she can dock there. Boston, Halifax and St John look like easy ports to dock at but i dont know the depth of the water.

I agree wholeheartedly... If you wish to sail longer further south book a smaller ship on another cruise line... There are more than one cruise line...

NCL does have longer repo cruises to the Southern Caribbean from New York City, not sure of 2013. Although maybe not on the date you wish...

Don, I know all about the other cruise lines and repo cruses and longer cruises... just saying that the same old 7 day, Florida/Bahamas cruise must be getting old so some people...

Ours in January is SO cheap for suites and yet there are almost none taken!! I just wish they would mix it up a little... Like stopping in a different port.. After visiting Nassau twice I am really having a hard time trying to figure out what to do this time. Same with Port Canaveral... Why not Miami or even Key West??? Or another Bahamas port...

one thing I see as a problem is GSC - they would have to tender and if it's too big to tender maybe they would reconsider?

I don't think it's going to be as big as the Epic so I'm not sure tendering is an issue. When I was on the Epic I asked the cruise consultant if they thought Epic would ever go to GSC instead of Nassau and he said no based on the tendering.

I sure wish NCL would offer a ship with a changing itinerary so it could offer B2Bs without repeating the ports of call.

The Sun does that now...toggling east and west in alternating weeks

Port Canaveral, Nassau, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, San Juan/Puerto Rico, Great Stirrup Cay, Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Caymans/George Town, Ocho Rios, Great Stirrup Cay, Port Canaveral

Archived