Past guest Party on Carnival

paddy Anne

I will be on my 4th carnival cruise this week. I have never received a formal invitation to a past guest party in my room. If I don't get one (AGAIN) how can we go?

Were your previous cruises 5 days or longer? The only hold the parties on cruises 5 days or longer.

Last week on The Pride the past guest party was on Tuesday, which was a sea day, from 4:30 to 5:15. We had as many drinks as we could drink, and yes you can ask for something different than they carry around if you wish. I had a drink called a Melonball, it was very good. I had three of them! My husband had whiskey sours and my son tried a rum punch which he didn't like and then got one of the Thirsty Frog beers, which he said tasted like a light beer.

They did serve little appetizers, I remember one that was like tomato and mozzarella on toasted bread rounds, and then there was one with a chicken salad. I don't remember what the other ones were, I wasn't much interested in the snacks, but they were plentiful.

They gave away a bottle of champagne to someone who had been on many cruises. There was a young boy who had a discussion earlier in the day with the cruise director, he gave that boy a ship on a stick and a nametag that said Junior Captain or something like that (and that kid proudly wore it around the ship all week).

My husband attended the past guest party last week on our cruise. He said that there were plenty of drinks and appetizers. He also bought 20 of the half price tickets for the free cruise. And WON!!! :eek: Now we're looking at what we want to book... I'm going to call this morning to see if there are any restrictions on where we go.... Good problem to have:D

My husband attended the past guest party last week on our cruise. He said that there were plenty of drinks and appetizers. He also bought 20 of the half price tickets for the free cruise. And WON!!! :eek: Now we're looking at what we want to book... I'm going to call this morning to see if there are any restrictions on where we go.... Good problem to have:D

Awesome - congratulations!!!

I didn't even know these tickets existed on our first cruise. We will definitely be attending the past guest party on our next one and purchasing a bunch.

I will be on my 4th carnival cruise this week. I have never received a formal invitation to a past guest party in my room. If I don't get one (AGAIN) how can we go?

If you don't receive the invitation go to guest services. They should be able to provide you with one. It's an easy mistake to make, so I'm sure they've seen it many times, and have a fix.

(I'm pretty sure I've read where another CC member had them re-print their invitation due to losing it, or something along that line.)

The "Past Guest" Parties are invitation only, they are not announced. You do have to take the invitation with you, "Free Drinks" makes them watch the door pretty closely. They put the invitations in your room the night before. party0014.gif

I didnt get one but my wife did on our last cruise last month. We are both Platinum.

I wonder if showing them your card would work instead of having to go to guest services?

Bill

I got an invite our last cruise but my husband didn't. They had his last name spelled wrong on the guest list. We noticed only because his sail and sign card was blue and not gold like it should have been, so we went to the pursers desk and they had to research it for a bit but eventually he got the correct sail and sign card and the night of the party there was an invite for him in our room a few hours before.

I'm a past guest, but my husband is not. Will he be allowed to attend with me?

A few cruises ago, I was a past guest but my husband was not. Due to what I heard on this board, I told him he could not go and I went without him. Then I was sorry I did not bring him as I sat by myself. This was the cruise we dropped $$ for a grand suite & inside room for our kids during spring break. I found out later that he would have been welcome to attend.

Bring your husband.

Awesome - congratulations!!!

I didn't even know these tickets existed on our first cruise. We will definitely be attending the past guest party on our next one and purchasing a bunch.

Thanks! I didn't believe him at first but it's true! Pretty nice for 20bucks!:) Just e-mailed the coordinator to find out what we can look at and get it booked... have to use within a year of booking. We never attended the party before because I don't drink and figured that it would be a waste for me but luckily he did!

A few cruises ago, I was a past guest but my husband was not. Due to what I heard on this board, I told him he could not go and I went without him. Then I was sorry I did not bring him as I sat by myself. This was the cruise we dropped $$ for a grand suite & inside room for our kids during spring break. I found out later that he would have been welcome to attend.

Bring your husband.

Thank you for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
I thought with Past guest invitations you could bring ONE guest with you?? I have heard some people talk about that before. I mean that would make sense.

Maybe i heard wrong....:confused:

No, the invite is for only the past guest. That doesn't stop people from bringing a non-past guest though.

I just got back from my last cruise on Oct 13th. On my cruise a year ago, I had friends that I met at roll call who offered to let me sit with them. We had sooo many drinks!

This year, my roommate was a new cruiser and I didn't want to go alone. I asked at the pursers desk if I could bring him, and they said, "Absolutely". We only had one drink brought to us willingly, and as it was about over, we had to flag someone down to get the second one. I don't know if we just had a lazy server, or if this was the result of another cutback. Plenty of snacks, though. Yum!

When we walked in, it looked like they were guarding the entrance, but actually, they were just collecting the invitations to use for the drawing. They didn't pay attention to who had one and who didn't.

So it's to your advantage, if you are a past guest, to get the invitation.

I just returned from my Triumph cruise...I went with a newbie and he didn't receive an invitation. I brought him as a guest and no one said a word.

We were immediately given drinks and didn't have to ask for additional....I think we each had 3 or 4 drinks and we had to turn down the appetizers several times. The servers had large trays of prepared drinks...they have basic drinks. In order to appease most, they have several different types....beer, champagne, white and red wine, and then 2 different mixed drinks...they looked like fruity or sweet drinks. We stuck with champagne and wine and they nearly threw them at us.

The appetizers were great...looked nice, good taste...one was chicken on cracker, the other (I hate to admit) I have no clue....both were "prettied" up.

We handed over our invitations upon arrival and the Captain of the Ship pulled one....the winner was presented with a bottle of Korbel and a raffle ticket for a CHANCE to win a free cruise. So the chance is along with everyone else who purchases said raffle ticket.

Our party ended a bit abruptly. As we were watching a video presentation of the ships of the fleet.....a VERY DRUNK man jumped on stage, in front of the video....to dance and strip...yes, strip! Tex (Cruise director) was able to stop him....right after the shirt came off, but right before the shorts came off. It was a slightly entertaining, but then irritating...I kept waiting for security and it never happened. Tex handled it VERY WELL and he should be commended for it. He settled the drunk down, made light of it, and we moved on.

In general, I would say.....attend if you get the chance. It's fun, it's less than an hour of your time and it's a little way for Carnival to show their appreciation.

I was on the Inspiration last week. The past guest party was never advertised anywhere, but my husband received a formal invitation in our room the night before.

We sat near the front of the room. We had four drinks each and could have easily gotten more. There were. Six choices of drinks. They were mixed strong.

There were only a few appetizers and they were small. The servers were also a bit stingy with them.

There wasn't really a show. Just some band music beforehand, then some words from the CD, then a short towel animal movie about the ships. The CD picked one guest to win a bottle of champagne, plus one little girl who was given a stuffed bear.

Some lottery tickets were sold for $10 and came with 5 free raffle tickets.

It was worth going to for the free drinks. Otherwise, it wasn't very exciting.

Agree with all this. Worth going for a free drink. Love the movie of all the ships--it's my favorite part of the whole thing. A couple of finger foods and then the band starts playing and I leave.

I have no idea how I've been missing this--not paying attention I guess. I'm going to make sure I get in on that next time I cruise CCL. My friend won a 7-day cruise playing bingo years ago. Maybe I'll get a turn one of these days.:D

Archived