5 people in a FB oceanview strm w/balcony????

tab1220

It will be DH, myself, DD(17) DS(15) & DS(7).

Do you think this will be cramped? We're on the Oasis, cabin 11170. Does anyone have pics of this. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

Edited by tab1220

We sailed in a family oceanview on Freedom with our family of 5. I know the rooms are different than they are on Oasis/Allure, but I do remember seeing a review recently and they did seem similar. The space in those rooms is great, we had a lot of space to move around and need feel crammed in at all. The layout worked for us great, my two younger ones took the bunk area and my teenage son took the sofa bed.

Now with that being said, we did feel that 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, 2 separate living areas would probably work better for us, so we opted for adjoining balcony rooms on Oasis. We did not have as much open floor space, but having 2 of everything made up for it. We much preferred having the adjoining rooms over the family oceanview. We were able to get ready in the mornings and evenings so much faster with two bathrooms. Even though we don't spend a ton of time in the cabin, having separate living areas was nice when the kids weren't exactly getting along :eek:

You definitely won't trip over each other in the FB, but you may be fighting over the bathroom :rolleyes:

Is there a big price difference between the family cabin and getting two adjacent cabins?

We usually book a balcony for ourselves and an inside across the hall for our teenagers. (Yes, RCI allows this - you do NOT have to book an adult in each cabin). This gives us more space, and two bathrooms. Plus, everyone gets a "real" bed - more comfortable than sleeping on the sofa bed or an upper berth.

We had 11162 FBOV last year, size wise it was good, but I agree with the PP who said the extra bath and tv was missed. We usually book two cabins, but since our oldest DD didn't travel that time we opted for the family room, the price was similar.

We originally had an Oceanview balcony and and interior stateroom, but the price difference between the two is $1082. So we decided on the Family Stateroom.

Wow - that's a huge difference. No wonder you decided on the Family room! I would have too! (Perhaps it's the time of year you are traveling, but we've usually found two rooms to be cheaper than a family one! lol)

We will be traveling Jan '12. My TA quoted me a price that was $1082 less. She just sent me the invoice and the price is $2300 more!!

Sent her an email and called. Waiting for her reponse. May be looking for a new TA or finding 2 connecting rooms if it's cheaper.

I hope so too or I guess I'll be finding another TA! lol

The gym thing doesn't sound like a bad idea.:)

Keeping my fingers crossed that our TA made a typo and we get the original price quoted.

Hope you get that resolved! I have heard others with concerns about too any people for one bathroom say that they've used the showers in the gym area, Maybe Dad and the 15 year old DS could head that way.

So just spoke with my TA and of course she blamed it on RCCL, but the price was misquoted. I'll end up paying $1082 more for 1 family room than I was paying for 2 rooms.

Back to square one :(

Edited by tab1220

• 2 years later...
We had 11162 FBOV last year, size wise it was good, but I agree with the PP who said the extra bath and tv was missed. We usually book two cabins, but since our oldest DD didn't travel that time we opted for the family room, the price was similar.

Nanci, for cabin 11162 on the Oasis, was the bed next to the closet or balcony? Thank you for your assistance.

Neither...it was on the opposite wall at the foot of the bed. The size was identical to a standard cabin closet, but it was much easier to access. There was also another tiny closet in the little room with the bunk beds. Plenty of storage space for all of us.

• 5 months later...
It will be DH, myself, DD(17) DS(15) & DS(7).

Do you think this will be cramped? We're on the Oasis, cabin 11170. Does anyone have pics of this. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

We are staying in the same room but on Allure. Do you have any pictures?