Is my PVP correct?

carhopsrock

We only use our PVP when we book last minute and want to try to get cabins close to each other, etc. We have always booked early saver online and never had a problem. I thought I understood all of the rules, so here is where we need help. This week we are booking the Liberty for April and one cabin will have three passengers. One of the passengers may not be able to go, but we wouldnt know till the last minute. Our PVP said that we can book all three as ES and if she has to back out it will only affect her booking. The other two people in the cabin would be okay. I thought with ES we would have to cancel the whole cabin and start over??? Can anyone explain this to me?? I have canceled an ES booking before, so understand loosing the $50 and getting credit for another cruise, etc.

We only use our PVP when we book last minute and want to try to get cabins close to each other, etc. We have always booked early saver online and never had a problem. I thought I understood all of the rules, so here is where we need help. This week we are booking the Liberty for April and one cabin will have three passengers. One of the passengers may not be able to go, but we wouldnt know till the last minute. Our PVP said that we can book all three as ES and if she has to back out it will only affect her booking. The other two people in the cabin would be okay. I thought with ES we would have to cancel the whole cabin and start over??? Can anyone explain this to me?? I have canceled an ES booking before, so understand loosing the $50 and getting credit for another cruise, etc.

Magic and Buddy is right... if there's a doubt it would likely be easier to book the two folks and add the third at a later date. The third would still enjoy price protection afforded under Early Saver.

:)

We booked two under ES and booked pax #3 as under past guest rate, so we could cancel him and not be penalized. We mixed rates, and it worked, yep it can be done on the same cabin/booking.

Sure enough we had to cancel pax #3. I got his deposit refunded completely.

What if she is booked and is a no show? If you don't cancel her what happens if she is a no show?? How does that work?

On the above booking pax #2 was a no show .. and my PVP said just dont say anything to anyone. After the cruise the add on fees and taxes were refunded to my credit card. I didnt have to request them.

would have cost me 200% anyway, so there was no reason to cancel, she was just a no show.

Magic and Buddy is right... if there's a doubt it would likely be easier to book the two folks and add the third at a later date. The third would still enjoy price protection afforded under Early Saver.

:)

OP said: One of the passengers may not be able to go, but we wouldnt know till the last minute.

If the OP books two folks now and adds the third later (at the last minute), how does the third passenger get ES price protection? :confused:

#1 - in my experience they won't let you book a cabin that sleeps 3 unless you have 3 people booked. We have tried. Unless it's all that is left but being that you are booking far enough out then that won't be the case.

#2 - we had this issue last year on a cruise. #3 decided she couldn't go so she cancelled and was charged the $50 fee and the other $200 was kept by carnival for a future cruise. We then booked someone else in her place.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Archived