Aft or Forward

elkman7x7

Hello,

I have read many posts on aft cabins,boy do they sound great.Looking back at a port,the sound of the wake.Boy would I be on cloud 9.

I was wondering if anyone has been in a forward cabin.How was it? Being able to see where the ship is going thru the eyes of the captain.I have a chance to grab one of these,any input would be great.

M&M

When moving it will be windy, so you might not be able to enjoy a baloncy as much. If you are sitting on a chair you might not even be able to see above the railing and it might be a solid front.

Just some things to consider. Others will chime in for sure, I think it would be cool to be front, I like the wind. :p (I was probably a dog in another life);)

We have been in both AFT & Forward. Forward was great because the deck was so big and you could fit 4 lounge chairs. We did not have a wind issue. Aft is also great, I would always stand on the deck and just watch the waves the ship made. I don't think you could go wrong either way. We just booked the Star on deck 12 it is one of the new suites but it is on the side but forward, I am hoping that we will be just as happy in that one.

We've done both.

The forward was nice in tendered ports, as the ships usually pull in facing the port so you end up with a great view. Also the forward balconies can be pretty large. However, the forward balcony can get pretty windy when under way. The wind is weird though - sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Personally, I prefer the aft. I really enjoy sitting on an aft balcony watching the wake. Very relaxing, and for whatever reason, the aft feels more private.

We'll be on the Pearl in a couple of weeks in an aft mini. Really looking forward to it. :D

We had a forward suite on the Star to Mexico. It was great in port, but noisy (the wind) when the ship was in motion and the forward cabins have a submarine type door rather than sliding glass which is very heavy to close and when open makes opening the cabin door very hard when the ship is in motion. On the other hand the balcony was huge and you could hang out and visit with other forward cabin passengers that were on their balconeys. We have an aft suite on the Spirit so I'll know more about comparing front and aft after the Carribean.

Aries Suite, 10 Forward on the Spirit was fine, although the balcony was something like 3' x 9' in total. Besides our 2 midship (window vs balcony) experiences, this most recent AFT Suite ("Hydra") on the Sky was heavenly.

Huge balcony, could seat 6 to 8, great breakfast spot as well as a fun place to watch tardy cruisers dash down the looong dock come 5 p.m. in Nassau :D

My first sailing on NCL was on the Dawn with an upsell was in a penthouse suite in the front of ship. This was 1 month after the rough wave that destroyed several cabins including the suite that I was suppose to have on the 9th floor (got moved next door) Sailed to Florida and Nasaua. We hit rough weather coming back where waves hit our bulk head door and was over 6 hours late which resulted in the Mother"s Day cruise being cancelled.

The next 3 NCL cruises I was in AFT suites amd loved it.

Got off the Jewel on Saturday after sailing to Canada having a owner's suite in front of the ship on the 11th floor and had smooth sailing both ways but most likley will have an aft suite on my next cruise

Archived