First Time Cruiser - Epic Cabin Advice, please?

amhcruise

We are new to cruising, so I have been trying to gather as much information from these boards as possible in order to make the best decisions about cabins, excursions, etc. We have booked two connecting cabins on the Epic...13198 and 13202. I picked these because it looks like their balconies might be a little bigger than most other balconies in those categories (B2 and B3).

I just thought I would put this out there to see if there is anything I don't know about these cabins or this part of the ship? Is this a good location? Anything I should know? If anyone has any pics of these cabins (or pics of their location on the ship), that would be much appreciated!

We are new to cruising, so I have been trying to gather as much information from these boards as possible in order to make the best decisions about cabins, excursions, etc. We have booked two connecting cabins on the Epic...13198 and 13202. I picked these because it looks like their balconies might be a little bigger than most other balconies in those categories (B2 and B3).

I just thought I would put this out there to see if there is anything I don't know about these cabins or this part of the ship? Is this a good location? Anything I should know? If anyone has any pics of these cabins (or pics of their location on the ship), that would be much appreciated!

They look like good cabins. They are below the fitness center reception area and above other cabins. You can drag and drop to see how the ship fits together here http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

They look like a great choice to me too. I think you're right about getting a slightly larger balcony. They are also convenient to an elevator set without being right beside one. And you're just 2 decks below Deck 15 and all the stuff that goes on there. Noise from above and below should be minimal to none. Good choice.

• 1 year later...

AMHCruise - I know it's been a while, but I am looking at these same 2 rooms for my family. Did you wind up staying in them for your cruise last year?

If so - How were they, and were the balconies indeed larger?

Also, did the balconies still connect by opening the divider?

Thanks!

AMHCruise - I know it's been a while, but I am looking at these same 2 rooms for my family. Did you wind up staying in them for your cruise last year?

If so - How were they, and were the balconies indeed larger?

Also, did the balconies still connect by opening the divider?

Thanks!

We were informed by our cabin steward and the Captain, the balcony dividers can no longer be opened. Some kind of new safety fire rule.

Mystic330...sorry for the delayed response. We really liked these rooms, and yes, the balconies were a bit larger than the other balconies due to the angle of that part of the ship. Unfortunately, we could not open the dividers between them, but we moved the chairs from the smaller balcony to the bigger one, and all four of us were able to sit comfortably out there. Traveling with two kids, we just kept the door connecting the rooms open, so it kind of felt like a 2 room suite. Either way, these are small rooms, so just know that going in. If I had to book again, I would not hesitate to book these two rooms again. Have a great trip!

Ok great - thanks for the info!

I'm curious about the balcony divider though - could you not physically open it, or was there a rule now against doing it.

(Our previous epic cruise I was able to open it with my pocket tool - we would close it every time we left the cabins though)

Archived