Ben and Jerry's "Sweet"

SpeedGeek

My girlfriend and I got off the Freedom on Sunday and we had spent the week in the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" (Stateroom 6305). Overall the week was great, and I wanted to provide info for anyone who might be interested in getting this stateroom.

• Concierge Lounge access is still a perk of this stateroom
  • The daily treat from Ben and Jerry's is a small cup or sugar cone of ice cream (about $2.50 - $3.00 each), and the treat benefit must be used each day of the cruise; you can't save them up.
  • The room is next to a service door that also serves as the entrance to the sky bridge on the promenade. You can and will hear clicking from the door closing, but it's not loud. We had no problem sleeping.
  • Though you can watch parades from your promenade window, the sound is awfully muffled. With the sky bridge and the Ben and Jerry's shop, your view of the promenade is pretty limited.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. For us (couple in our 20s), we enjoyed it thoroughly and would book the room again in a heartbeat. :D

had the pleasure of this room on our FREEDOM cruise a few years ago and it was a fun room to be in!!!!!! we just booked the room and did;nt know about it til i discovered on CC it was the room we were getting!!! MOOALOUS!!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
My girlfriend and I got off the Freedom on Sunday and we had spent the week in the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" (Stateroom 6305). Overall the week was great, and I wanted to provide info for anyone who might be interested in getting this stateroom.If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. For us (couple in our 20s), we enjoyed it thoroughly and would book the room again in a heartbeat. :D

Booked this cabin on IotS in Feb 2012. The wife doesn't know about it yet (anniversary secret) but she saw a photo from Royal promenade and thought how cool it would be to be staying in that cabin. :D

Quick Q - is the B+J ice cream per person or just one one cup/cone per cabin?

Edited by csn

OP, I have a couple of questions. :)

What does concierge lounge access include? I don't drink so I am hoping there will be good coffee involved. :p

If the ship stops at Labedee, do you get access to the "good" beach like other suite guests?

I am assuming no such luck of double suite points, right?

Also, can guest use the bridge you mentioned?

Thank you! :)

OP, I have a couple of questions. :)

What does concierge lounge access include? I don't drink so I am hoping there will be good coffee involved. :p

Thank you! :)

I'd like to know this as well. We've got my DF's parents in there and they definitly enjoy a drink, especially when they are free.

The concierge lounge has an expresso machine which is a great perk as the regular coffee on RCI isn't so great IMO. There's also a few hours of "free" adult beverages every night. Bringing a little cash as a tip for the servers is pretty standard fare just as a heads up as you can't tack it onto a bill.

We were on Freedom when it first came out and it was funny when I told the person, I think he was from the Philipines, that I worked next door to the original Ben & Jerry's in Waterbury, VT they just looked at me and smiled....my husband just shook his head at me.

I have heard of this 'sweet' before......How can I find out which ships it is available on?
It's only on the Freedom Class ships, Liberty, Freedom & Independence. It's cabin 6305 on all the ships and cost the same as any other Promanade cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thank you very much for the info. I will be adding this to my cruise wishlist!:p

I know it got on my wish list...just had to sell dh on the ideal...lol

well booked and will see how I like but not until Dec 9th 2012...oh no I have that long to wait until my next cruise!

My girlfriend and I got off the Freedom on Sunday and we had spent the week in the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" (Stateroom 6305). Overall the week was great, and I wanted to provide info for anyone who might be interested in getting this stateroom.

• Concierge Lounge access is still a perk of this stateroom
  • The daily treat from Ben and Jerry's is a small cup or sugar cone of ice cream (about $2.50 - $3.00 each), and the treat benefit must be used each day of the cruise; you can't save them up.
  • The room is next to a service door that also serves as the entrance to the sky bridge on the promenade. You can and will hear clicking from the door closing, but it's not loud. We had no problem sleeping.
  • Though you can watch parades from your promenade window, the sound is awfully muffled. With the sky bridge and the Ben and Jerry's shop, your view of the promenade is pretty limited.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. For us (couple in our 20s), we enjoyed it thoroughly and would book the room again in a heartbeat. :D

I’m glad your experience was opposite ours. We had the “sweet” on Indy and it was a terrible experience. You can find my review in the review section. About the only positives from this cruise were the free ice cream treats (we could pick whatever we wanted) and the knowledge to never book that cabin or one near a service area again.

I know it got on my wish list...just had to sell dh on the ideal...lol

well booked and will see how I like but not until Dec 9th 2012...oh no I have that long to wait until my next cruise!

Please come back and let me know how you like it. There is no way that I can even think about booking a cruise on Freedom in this room before 2013....:(

Please come back and let me know how you like it. There is no way that I can even think about booking a cruise on Freedom in this room before 2013....:(

I will cause I think it good to hear everyones views of what theier view and experience is...

Booked this for my siblings on their upcoming Liberty cruise. They are super excited!

Let us know what you think!

• 6 months later...

Hello-

I just booked this room for a 4 day cruise on the Liberty in November. This will be the first time we've cruised in an inside room so I'm a little worried I'm going to miss having a balcony. My biggest concern will be the noise that a few people wrote about coming from the service door. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but I'm also not a heavy sleeper like my husband. I usually never wake up to noise when we cruise though.

I guess I'm looking for people to convince me to try this room especially because we'll have access to the CL from being in this cabin.

Hello-I just booked this room for a 4 day cruise on the Liberty in November. This will be the first time we've cruised in an inside room so I'm a little worried I'm going to miss having a balcony. My biggest concern will be the noise that a few people wrote about coming from the service door. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but I'm also not a heavy sleeper like my husband. I usually never wake up to noise when we cruise though.

I guess I'm looking for people to convince me to try this room especially because we'll have access to the CL from being in this cabin.

For a four day cruise there's not much to lose. We stayed in this cabin and found it pretty much the same as any other cabin, just with more of a novelty twist.

We heard more noise from the adjoining next door cabin than we did from the service door over an 11 night sailing.

The CL lounge perk wasn't really for us and we only used this one or twice, as we felt a little intimidated by it.

By far the biggest perk for us was the free ice cream; and the photos in a unique "sweet" :D