Live from the Adventure of the seas

We are on the Southern cruise a month from now...going the other route to Barbados etc...

I have a question if you get a chance or perhaps someone else may guide me??

I want to order Champagne and Strawberries for our room but not sure what is a good time to have it delivered?? We are checking out of our San Juan hotel Sunday morning...but plan to check in and put the bags into our cabins and then get off again for more shopping...

What time do most people board and are you indeed allowed off once having boarded..?

What time must you be back onboard?? I can do this before or after dinner I am thinking?

Any and all halp appreciated!

Our family (wife, 2 sons - 29 & 27 and my Mom) are on the December 4th doing the same route. We plan to get to PR a day before and see Old San Juan - board around noon and enjoy the ship and become familiar with all of the venues. Our only worry is getting off the ship, getting to the airport, which we hear is very chaiotic. Our flights are around 1:00PM. The other decision is to use RCCl transportation to the airport or grab a couple of taxi's. I would love to hear your experience and any of your suggestions.

Thanks

I was on AOS and July and I would recommend taking a taxi to the airport. I was off the ship in a reasonable amount of time but had to wait almost 40 minutes for the bus to fill up and then for the luggage truck to be filled before we could leave for the airport. At that point the time was running to close to my flight for my liking. My flight was at 12:15 and we did make it all in time but it was very stressful for a little while there.

Cruise Wiz- Did this cruise in 2003. Our plane was at 1something. We were at the airport with 2 hours to spare. you will be fine. Grab a cab and tell him to get you there:) One word of advice, if you are nervous. When RCCL asks you when your plane is...Make up an earlier time. That is what they base the disembaraktion time for you on. So if you have a 1PM flight, maybe say it's at 12 then you will be there in plenty O time.

Thanks for all the updates. Glad your having a good time. We leave in early June. Do you have any tidbits of knowledge to help the cruisers to follow you? How do you rate the food and entertainment?

Scott

Cruise Wiz--Plenty of taxi's out side of the pier. If there isn't something is wrong...Seriously wrong:) They will more than likely approach you. You may be able to get a minivan cab so all can fit in one... GOOD LUCK!

I have a couple questions...we posted live from the Dream when we sailed March 20 and NCL offered wireless internet. We took our laptop and I could type about the day, connect and post in less than 5 minutes. I hear the internet connection is very slow. Is that true? Do they offer wireless so we can bring our laptop and post live from the Adventure when we sail for two weeks in June. Any packages available besides the 50 cents a minute? Did they offer the $100.00 for unlimited? Any other packages?

How long is this CD onobard...will he still be there in June?

How's the food?

Thanks for any and all information!

Bob Finiki or osp320: What was your opinion of the food? Is there a new menu (to your knowledge)? Were escargot, key lime pie, and filet mignon on the menu?

Stuffic, All of the aboved mentioned items were available. I would rate the food a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. All very good. We did a Carnival cruise once, and the food was better believe it or not. This was our 4th RCI cruise, like the overall cruise MUCH better than Carnival. We also did Portofino's one night, and the filet there was melt in your mouth. I know, Filet in an Italian rest., but I love filet, and was glad I got it. I also asked for an end cut on the night they had prime rib in the DR, and it was wonderful as well. I think the menu is new. The selections at diner have gone from 5 or 6 on our past cruises, to 3 or 4, and that is fine. I think they are putting more emphasis on concentrating to make the selections smaller, and working on getting them more consistent and better. I don't know if anyone else had this happen on our cruise, but i used to order one entree for dinner, and a second for my wife and i to try. Just something that I would not normally order if we went out for a nice dinner.Our waiter told us that he could not bring the second entree until I was finished with the first one. Not a problem. Please, no flamers calling me a pig for eating 2 dinners. We don't do it every night, just curious to try new things. We had a GREAT time, and would sail this beauty again in a heartbeat!!!

Thanks for the reply, Bob. It's good to hear the food is ABOVE average (as it was on my 2003 EOS cruise). I'm a little disappointed that the selections are fewer, but I'd rather have quality than quantity.

As far as ordering two entrees...there's a whole thread in the Cruise Foodies forum that suggests if you can't decide between 2, then order both. Hey, that's what I will do!!! As long as you're not [intentionally] wasting food, I don't see anything wrong with it.

We just walked in from the airport, it is 12:45am. Yes they did have internet for your laptop not wireless though cost a 100.00. I posted the same ? and got feed back from some that said it was real slow. I bought the 50.00 plan and it worked out fine. the main computers is on deck 8 same deck as our room. Will time to go the wife will write a review when she can this week and post it on this thread. The food was fine just like carnival's I thought. Lobster on the st.martin day. All in All we had a great time.

It's late and we just got home. You gotta love delays.

I'm gathering my memoirs and will write a day to day happening of what we did, ate, and saw. I'll even be sure to tell you all about how

1) we almost didn't make the ship

2) we had two flat tires in Aruba

3) we almost died in curacao

4) we met the greatest group and had a great last three days on the ship!

Ms. Tulpule - glad that you made it back in one piece!! Can't wait to get your review - our family of 5 are going in December. My two sons are vegans and their diet is very limited....but not mine!!! Would love to know how the foods was, condition of the ship and info on Aruba and Curacao (never been there).

Thanks, get your breath and write like crazy!!

Gary

Archived