The Ticker Says "SAILED," But We Didn't : (

Delta Dear

Hi Everyone,

First of all, let me thank each and every one of you who posted support and prayers for my husband and for me. I am happy to report that he is coming home tomorrow, exactly two weeks after he went into the hospital a very sick man.

Secondly, I am happy to report that as of last night, I booked our next cruise. Yahoo ! When I talked to him a few days ago he said, we have to book another cruise soon. (The week he was so sick, the word, cruise didn't even bring forth a response.

I booked under that National Cruise Week Sale which ends today. As a result, we are getting $150.00 in on board credit on our six day cruise on the Valor to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, leaving Jan. 15,2012.

GAPEARL, I've already started re-reading your Valor review. LOL

There are so many blessings in this whole thing. Since the Valor leaves from Miami, we can visit with our son and daughter-in-law who live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. By then, my husband will be up to speed, he will have finished the hand therapy that he is doing because of breaking his arm in two places on Aug. 7, and I will have recovered from all of this 'nursing duties,' I've been doing for the past two months plus.

Those who just returned yesterday on the Glory from Bermuda have expressed some good times, but also some disappointments, so this new cruise will be just what the doctor ordered.

My husband is so excited about visiting Key West and Ocho Rios since they are new ports for us. When we went to Grand Cayman we didn't do a tour or anythin, but just walked around the port area a little bit. This time we will do a tour.

So, there you have it. The update. On the Glory, we had a 4J cabin. On the Valor, I booked a balcony (only $499.00) right at the midship elevator door practically which is better for my husband with his mobility issues.

There are so many times in life when a slight disappointment is God's way of preparing something better for you. We were not supposed to be on the Glory, but we give HIM all of the glory.

Have a great week, and again, thank you SO much for your caring concerns.

LOL Wow you mentioned me in your post! :) I'm so glad to hear your hubby is doing better. Everything happens for a reason and you're right, it wasn't meant for you to be on the Glory at that time. I hope you get Rex as your dinner server. His magic tricks will leave you baffled. I did that same itinerary on the Freedom 2 years ago and loved it. I'd recommend the City View Trolley Tour for Key West. It's the easiest way to see the entire town without doing a lot of walking. It's $10 cheaper than the Old Town Trolley Tour and it's the exact same tour. You can hop on and off at each stop. They come back around every 30 minutes. Be sure to take a picture at the southernmost point to cross off your bucket list. That's a great price you got on your balcony. Your family will be happy to see you. Awesome news from you tonight!

Awww all the best to your husband for a speedy recovery, and the stress of his illness must be taking a toll on you too, poor thing! Take good care of yourself, and him, and you will be on a cruise before you know it, will keep you in my thoughts!

Dee :)

Thank you everyone for your notes. My husband is feeling better each day. We can tell it will take time for him to regain his strength and for both of us to catch up on our rest.

When I called Steve yesterday at www.tripinsurancstore.com, I was once again impressed with the excellent service I have received from them. We have used them three times and just purchased the insurance for our upcoming 'replacement cruise,' in January, 2012 on the Valor.

I see that company names do appear in other posts, so let me give my endorsement for Steve and company. They have been extremely patient in answering all questions, and will work with you to find the policy that best meets your needs.

Insurance is one of those things, you buy and hope you don't need, but when you do, you are glad you have it.

The 100% refund from the Glory missed trip is only $50.00 shy of the cost of our Jan. trip on the Valor to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I'd say it's a fair trade for Bermuda. All's well that ends well. We will be full of vim and vigor by then .

Have a great week-end, everyone ! Happy Sails to You , Until We Meet Again !

What a great attitude! I would have been going nuts even knowing it was beyond my control but like others have said you all can just sign up for another cruise where he can recover in luxury!

And for those who always ask if cruise insurance is necessary...a resounding YES!!!

Thank you everyone for your notes. My husband is feeling better each day. We can tell it will take time for him to regain his strength and for both of us to catch up on our rest.

When I called Steve yesterday at www.tripinsurancestore.com, I was once again impressed with the excellent service I have received from them. We have used them three times and just purchased the insurance for our upcoming 'replacement cruise,' in January, 2012 on the Valor.

I see that company names do appear in other posts, so let me give my endorsement for Steve and company. They have been extremely patient in answering all questions, and will work with you to find the policy that best meets your needs.

Insurance is one of those things, you buy and hope you don't need, but when you do, you are glad you have it.

The 100% refund from the Glory missed trip is only $50.00 shy of the cost of our Jan. trip on the Valor to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I'd say it's a fair trade for Bermuda. All's well that ends well. We will be full of vim and vigor by then .

Have a great week-end, everyone ! Happy Sails to You , Until We Meet Again !

Hi Jane,

It's been a pleasure to help you. We're happy Aldrich is doing much better, too.

Steve Dasseos

Archived