Adventure Ocean?

39august

What are the daily hours for AO, please? And am I correct that there is no charge for this program? We will be traveling with our 5 year old granddaughter soon and have never dealt with AO before. Any tips or ideas are appreciated.

A 5 year old will be grouped with 3-5 year olds.

Definitely check out AO on boarding day to sign up and play in the area with your child. After boarding day, parents aren't allowed into AO except to sign your child in and out.

The 1st day of AO programs (1st sea day) is always busiest, especially if you're traveling during school holidays. If you have a hesitant little one, you may want to wait until that evening or the next day to try out AO.

"My Family Time Dining" is a program you may want to learn about. If you have the early seating, your child can receive an expedited meal in the MDR then at 6:40, staff from AO meets you at the front of the MDR and wisks your child away for an evening of fun while you return to your table to finish a leisurely meal sans children. You have to sign up for this at AO nightly and let your waiter know as soon as you sit down.

There is no charge for AO before 10 pm (unless they take your child at lunchtime) but some people do feel it is appropriate to tip at the end of your cruise. It's a personal choice.

AO is a great program, my kids would rather go to "camp" than spend time as a family, lol.

If you head over to the Family board Cruisingmama06 (Michelle) has some of the AO compasses saved. They can give you a rough idea of what to expect typical activites are scheduled.

What are the daily hours for AO, please? And am I correct that there is no charge for this program? We will be traveling with our 5 year old granddaughter soon and have never dealt with AO before. Any tips or ideas are appreciated.

Great information so far. Just wanted to say that your GD is at a great age. I think the 3-5 year group is the best to be in. So much for them to do. Our GS has been cruising with us since he was 22 mos. old. He is now 13 yrs. old. Be sure to sign her up the 1st day and have her met the staff. Lots of fun and it will set Mom & Dad at ease also.

I love Adventure Ocean! The kids have a great cruise and so do mum and dad. You have had some great advice. Definately sign up on the first day. This will give your GD a chance to get comfortable with the area with you and also a chance to meet the fantastic staff. My kids are 6 and they look forward to going cruising because of AO.

They sometimes have AO dining in between 5 and 7 which I don't think they charge for. You do need to sign up before 3pm on the day. I know this because I had 2 very upset children when they couldn't eat with their new friends!!

Happy Cruising.

Archived