Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley on Oct 26th?

mllepookie

Posting here out of desperation since I can't find anybody on my roll call to join us... Anybody that will be in Belize next Wednesday, October 26th that would be interested in joining us for an excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley?

Coral Breezes will not run this without at least 8 participants and we currently only have 4.

pookie

mllepookie,

Do you know if any other ships will be in port that day? You could try their roll calls too. If you are lucky maybe there are others that are in the same predicament too.

I am just looking now for a date in Dec. I hope I don't run into the same problem as it doesn't look like there are a lot of options other than going on the ship excursion.

Sheal

Thanks Sheal,

I went ahead and bit the bullet and booked with a different company that did not require a minimum participant count since I had no luck in recruiting other people. It was a little more but with our group members being the only people on the private tour, I think it will be worth it.

Good luck on your tour!

pookie

Posting here out of desperation since I can't find anybody on my roll call to join us... Anybody that will be in Belize next Wednesday, October 26th that would be interested in joining us for an excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley?

Coral Breezes will not run this without at least 8 participants and we currently only have 4.

pookie

I had that same initial fear booking with Coral Breeze Tours. However, when i emailed Mark, he said that they had the minimum to run the boat. Remember that he has people who just do the Caye Caulker tour as well as ones that do the shark Ray alley.

On my roll call, i did mention this excursion and managed to persuade others to join the tour. Can't wait for the excursions, will post information when I return. On the cruise ship on sunday.

mllepookie,

What tour/tour company did you decide to go with? Just in case I run into the same problem?

Thankss,

Sheal

Sheal,

Mark at Coral Breeze came through for us because he got enough participants so I ended up cancelling the other one I had booked with. However, had Mark not come through, I would have been VERY happy regardless.

I had worked with Kim for UpClose Belize. She was more than happy to accommodate our small group. She was so wonderful I wrote up a review for her on TripAdvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g291968-d2299781-r119552526-UpClose_Belize-Belize_City_Belize_District.html#REVIEWS

I had that same initial fear booking with Coral Breeze Tours. However, when i emailed Mark, he said that they had the minimum to run the boat. Remember that he has people who just do the Caye Caulker tour as well as ones that do the shark Ray alley.

On my roll call, i did mention this excursion and managed to persuade others to join the tour. Can't wait for the excursions, will post information when I return. On the cruise ship on sunday.

We're embarking Sunday as well, but from Tampa instead of NO.

Looks like we're visiting the same ports as you guys but in different order... however, I THINK we'll be in the same port on the days for for Belize City and Cozumel.

How many people from your rolll call are joining Mark's excursion? For us, we have our group of 4 and another family of 4.

pookie

We're embarking Sunday as well, but from Tampa instead of NO.

Looks like we're visiting the same ports as you guys but in different order... however, I THINK we'll be in the same port on the days for for Belize City and Cozumel.

How many people from your rolll call are joining Mark's excursion? For us, we have our group of 4 and another family of 4.

pookie

I know at least 6 other people. Are you sure your boat is in port with ours ncl spirit. We get to belize on thursday oct 27th. Mark told me we were the only ship in port that day. There are another 2 ncl boats in cozumel on friday oct 28th.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Tony,

Did you guys end up going on the replacement manatee/snorkel tour?

Yes did end up do there snorkeling near Bannister Island. At least they offered another option for us. On this cruise only managed to go snorkeling 2 times instead of the planned 4. This was all due to Hurricane Rina.

Coral Breeze tour are good except for making us use those life jackets that have foam in them. Should have take my own vest which I had left on the boat. It would have let me be able to take the air out. The vests they gave us made it hard to swim down to the coral.

thescot123,

Thanks for the warning about the vest. I think we always bring our own anyway just to avoid blowing into that tube.:eek:

What happened with your excursion? It sounded as though you were on the shark ray but ended up with the Bannister Island?

Did people back out? Right now we are the only 2 for our date in December. Mark said that most book 2-4 weeks out so I need to sit tight. My back-up plan is to just get off the ship as early as possible and take the water taxi over. Hopefully we, too, will luck out and find someone willing to take us out the reef.

Sheal

thescot123,

Thanks for the warning about the vest. I think we always bring our own anyway just to avoid blowing into that tube.:eek:

What happened with your excursion? It sounded as though you were on the shark ray but ended up with the Bannister Island?

Did people back out? Right now we are the only 2 for our date in December. Mark said that most book 2-4 weeks out so I need to sit tight. My back-up plan is to just get off the ship as early as possible and take the water taxi over. Hopefully we, too, will luck out and find someone willing to take us out the reef.

Sheal

They told us that hoi chan was closed due to the storm. That was the reason that we went to Bannister Island.

thescot123,

Sheal

Just wondering what date you will be in port?

Archived