20 oz carry-on size limit?

cardqb

I know that Carnival announced their carry on limit to drink sizes of 20 ounces or less... my question for those who have sailed recently is: Are they enforcing this rule?

My wife only prefers to drink "Smart Water" brand water and we bought the 12 ct. sealed pack from Costco, but they are probably more around 32-40 oz. in size each. Would they let us take this on board as our 12 non alcoholic beverages for her? She refuses to drink any tap water or other brands of water in smaller bottles.

I know everyone says how good the ship's water is, etc, but it's something she just can't do no matter what others may think about it.

I don't know the answer to your question. But Smart Water is all that we drink as well. You can get smaller bottles of it in larger quantity at SAMS club and the tops are the ones you sip out of instead of screw on and off.

Also, you could always empty smaller bottles and pour the Smart Water into them. Empty the other ones into a pitcher that you will drink or that guests that come over can drink or let the pets have it if you have any.

I don't know if they check to see if the seals are broken though...

I know that Carnival announced their carry on limit to drink sizes of 20 ounces or less... my question for those who have sailed recently is: Are they enforcing this rule?

My wife only prefers to drink "Smart Water" brand water and we bought the 12 ct. sealed pack from Costco, but they are probably more around 32-40 oz. in size each. Would they let us take this on board as our 12 non alcoholic beverages for her? She refuses to drink any tap water or other brands of water in smaller bottles.

I know everyone says how good the ship's water is, etc, but it's something she just can't do no matter what others may think about it.

We cruised twice out of POM in the past month and they did not enforce it. We brought on several 1 liter bottles of tonic water, no problem.

I don't know the answer to your question. But Smart Water is all that we drink as well. You can get smaller bottles of it in larger quantity at SAMS club and the tops are the ones you sip out of instead of screw on and off.

Also, you could always empty smaller bottles and pour the Smart Water into them. Empty the other ones into a pitcher that you will drink or that guests that come over can drink or let the pets have it if you have any.

We have had the bottles checked for the seal on green tea. If they are not sealed they will be disposed of again not consistent at the ports but the chance is there.

They do check the seals. On my last cruise it took five minutes to find my one water bottle under my c-pap machine and clothes so they could shake it and check the seal. Now that was overkill but you never know.

They do check the seals. On my last cruise it took five minutes to find my one water bottle under my c-pap machine and clothes so they could shake it and check the seal. Now that was overkill but you never know.

Lol.. well I guess it makes sense ... being as that people like to put Vodka in their water bottles and smuggle them on :eek::cool::D

As Posted by CCL Staff a few weeks ago

Mischelle replied on Sun Oct 9, 2011 at 02:00 AM

I can tell you that although this rule has been in place for quite awhile; it wasn't regularly enforced but we received notice earlier this week that they will now be strictly enforcing the allowable limits. I'm guessing this may be the reason for the conflicting responses as some agents are just being overly cautious.

Again, one bag or two makes no difference as long as it's not over the allowable limits and the bag is also the proper size.

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

Smartwater is available in 20 oz bottles.

Archived