Policy for Platinum Free internet minutes on Emerald

Orangefan

I am going on the Emerald 11/8/11 and would like to know their internet policy.I know I am entitled to some Platinum minutes, but in March the internet attendant gave me a hard time and I never used the computer. When I asked before on CC , some one said you don't do anything but log in. Others said you sign up for a package then it is credited back. I don't trust the latter and can see me back home fighting the internet charges. I am looking for someone returning from the Emerald that could tell me the policy.

Thanks!

Sali

You do not need to even speak to the internet attendant to get your free minutes. Just select any computer in the internet lounge and log in. You will have to set up an account with a password and put in your cabin number and birthdate. Then select the appropriate package that you are entitled to, which in your case is $100 for a 10-day cruise.

Your shipboard account will show a charge and then a credit for your internet minutes. Also, each time you log on and log off the computer it will show you the number of minutes you have used and the number of minutes you have remaining so you can keep track of your free minutes.

You do not need to even speak to the internet attendant to get your free minutes. Just select any computer in the internet lounge and log in. You will have to set up an account with a password and put in your cabin number and birthdate. Then select the appropriate package that you are entitled to, which in your case is $100 for a 10-day cruise.

Your shipboard account will show a charge and then a credit for your internet minutes. Also, each time you log on and log off the computer it will show you the number of minutes you have used and the number of minutes you have remaining so you can keep track of your free minutes.

With the new system a charge and credit no longer shows on your account. The package you are entitled for being platinum will show with a $0.00 cost.

With the new system a charge and credit no longer shows on your account. The package you are entitled for being platinum will show with a $0.00 cost.

and how many cruises is platnum?

this is my 6th cruise on princess

carol

You are now Platinum and should get the internet benefit on your 6th cruise.

I guess they were still using the old system on the Sapphire last week.
Interesting. I just rechecked our Passenger Folios for our 4/9 and 9/24 cruises on the Sapphire this year and there was no charge or credit as on previous cruises. Strange that they would have changed back again on your cruise

That's great if they no longer do the charge/credit for internet minutes. What a silly way to do it.

That said, we've done several cruises at Platinum and have never had a problem with first being charged for the minutes and then having them credited back.

Internet cafe employees on some ships are less than helpful and seem irritated if they have to explain how to set up an account. That's why you are there, people, not to spend your time surfing the internet yourself!

This is the one perk that it's worthwhile being platinum.

Archived