Zipline/Jalouise Beach Tour

binak

When are u looking to go?

I found one that'll take you to a beach tour n u could add on zip line... But the one I found I thought was way to much for two people. Maybe if u had more than two people in ur group.. Seemed like most transfers or tours for that were a set cost for 1-4 people. I wanna say the one I found was around $150 for up to 3 people PLUS... $65/pp to zip.

We are interested in doing a tour that goes to Zipline and then goes to Jalouise Beach. Has anyone done a tour like this before that they can recommend?

Thanks!

I looked into a tour like this back in 2009 when we did a cruise stop in St. Lucia. At that time there were two zipline options. The one in Dennery or the one on site of the Rainforest Sky Tram.

To get to Jalousie Beach from the cruise ship terminal, you have to drive approx. 1 - 1 1/2 hours to Soufriere. From Soufriere you need to take a water taxi that drives around the base of the Petit Piton to get to Jalousie Beach. The one factor combining Jalousie Beach with one of the above-mentioned ziplines is the driving distance. Dennery and the Rainforest Sky Tram park are just about on the opposite ends of the island from Jalousie Beach. When I got a quote for this back in 2009, it was quite expensive to combine these two options. However, there is now a new zipline in Soufriere at the Mount Coubril Estate. Zipping at Mount Coubril will offer you views of the Pitons and you will be close by to Jalousie Beach. So if you would like to combine ziplining with Jalousie Beach and minimize driving all around the island to get from one site to the other, this option may be the better one.

This August we did a land vacation in St. Lucia and we did do the zipline in Dennery. We choose the Dennery zipline not only because it is the biggest zipline in St. Lucia (12 lines), but also because we could combine it with a challenge course and a Rainforest Hike to Errand Falls. Mount Coubril has 8 lines and the Rainforest Zipline has 10. By the way we had a blast!

Zipping through the trees in Dennery

IMG_2777.jpg

dz63 covered it! For ziplining and Jaloiusie beach, your best option is the Morne Coubaril ziplines which are right near the turn off for Jalousie, about 10 minutes from each other. Both are about 1 hour from the port.

The dennery ziplines are about 1.15 minutes from the port - on the other side of the island. they have more lines and the waterfall or mountain biking also. No beach though.

So, you would have to decide which was more important.

PS - it is at least 1 hour from Soufriere to Dennery. More like 1.15.

So, you could go down the east coast to the Dennery lines, then move over to Soufriere for the Beach then back up the west coast. Lots of driving though - lots of time in the car.

Good luck, enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the advice! I think we are going to do the Rainforest Zipline and then head back to the ship. I priced out tours/taxi's to Jalouise and it was way too expensive. The zipline tour with transportation back and forth is only $66. I also read about a beach about a 20 minute walk from the ship. Is it safe to walk around in St. Lucia? And has anybody every done this before?

Thanks!!

yes, it is safe to walk around St. Lucia, same as most anywhere else in the world - keep your eyes open, be aware of your surroundings, etc.

There is a beach about a 20 minute or so walk from the port - Vigie Beach, it is on the other side of the runway from the port area. There are some food stands with local eats and drinks, lots of shade and calm waters for swimming. No chairs for rent, no facilities, but you can throw your towel down anywhere, no one should disturb you or it and you can run across the street to the airport restrooms if needed.

Enjoy your visit!

Archived