HELP! Need Alilguna info ASAP

Kay240

I will post this on both my Roll Call and the HAL section:

We are leaving Saturday for our Venice-TA cruise. I have debated between Vaporetto and Alilguna to bring us from the airport to our hotel; due to advice from CC I have decided to use Alilguna. I have a couple of questions that remain unanswered and I am hoping someone will be able to help.

1. If we are going from the airport to our hotel (Blue Line) and a few days later, the hotel to the port, should that be a "round trip" ticket? (I want to buy the tickets online.)

2. I seem to recall the trip from the airport takes more than one hour; are there any bathrooms on board?

Thank you so much!

We are leaving Saturday for our Venice-TA cruise. I have debated between Vaporetto and Alilguna to bring us from the airport to our hotel; due to advice from CC I have decided to use Alilguna. I have a couple of questions that remain unanswered and I am hoping someone will be able to help.

1. If we are going from the airport to our hotel (Blue Line) and a few days later, the hotel to the port, should that be a "round trip" ticket? (I want to buy the tickets online.)

2. I seem to recall the trip from the airport takes more than one hour; are there any bathrooms on board?

Thank you so much!

Just as well you didn't choose vaporetto as it doesn't go to the airport.

Not a round trip ticket. I would wait and buy your fare from the hotel to the port. It will probably be only 6. 5 euros. Your hotel will help you.

Don't know about the bathroom.

Thank you so much!

No bathrooms. We also used Alilaguna our last half day in Venice a few weeks ago. We needed to catch the 11:38 to make it to our ship before our 12:30 departure. The boat came, let everyone out and left with NO passengers. The next boat was scheduled for 12:05 and left at 11:50 with us on it. We only had 15 minutes to spare to make it to the ship. The morale is Italian transportation may not be reliable. Allow plenty of time if you must be somewhere on a schedule. Getting to Kotor on our own would have been a nighmare. The good news with Alilaguna is that they dock MUCH closer to ships than the vaparetto does.

If you are arriving in Venice after an overnight flight, you will be tired and jet lagged. In that case, you could do yourselves a huge favour and opt for a water taxi. They are high speed limos. 20- 25 min ride. You can share with another couple. Ask to share at the water taxi desk in the airport arrivals hall.

Be aware that the walk to the alliguna from the airport exit is a long one. There is no bathroom. Right along the dock of the main Plazza , (all the way down to the left as you face the Doge's Palace) is the boat to the ship's pier. It takes you right up the ships. You can buy the ticket right in front of the entrance to the boats.

We bought the round-trip ticket when we arrived at Marco Polo airport, which saved us money later when we had to head back to the airport. We were in Venice 6 nights, so if you're flying out of Venice, you should check to see whether there is any expiry on the "round trip" portion.

I do agree with other posters that a water taxi may be worth the extra cost. But I've never had anyone quote me a cost, or explain whether it is a fixed cost or if it is like negotiating with dodgy taxi drivers.

Be aware that the walk to the alliguna from the airport exit is a long one.

I didn't think the walk was much longer than I normally walk to my car after my flight arrives at my home airport. It is maybe 5 minutes total. Not sure if that qualifies as a "long walk" for some, but not for me. I've probably walked 5 times that distance to go from one branch of a busy airport to another.

We bought the round-trip ticket when we arrived at Marco Polo airport, which saved us money later when we had to head back to the airport. We were in Venice 6 nights, so if you're flying out of Venice, you should check to see whether there is any expiry on the "round trip" portion.

I do agree with other posters that a water taxi may be worth the extra cost. But I've never had anyone quote me a cost, or explain whether it is a fixed cost or if it is like negotiating with dodgy taxi drivers.

The OP stated she was going to the port, not back to the airport. It's a fixed cost. Rates set and posted here

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it

The OP stated she was going to the port, not back to the airport. It's a fixed cost. Rates set and posted here

www.motoscafivenezia.it

Thanks. I was aware she was going to the port first. What wasn't clear was whether she was returning to the airport. For example, is she flying in, going to the port, taking a cruise, returning to the port, travelling to the airport and then flying home?

Archived