Ack! Is this a CC issue or is it me?

okwriter

:eek:

Okay, this is strange. Tonight I used my shortcut to get to CC...the same shortcut I always use. Below is a screen shot of what came up. I had to Google Cruise Critic and get in that way.

My browser bar clearly showed cruisecritic.com, although I cropped that off before I uploaded this. Is this a CC issue or a "me" issue or a browser issue or what?

cc.jpg

glad to know it wasn't just me. I tried 3 times thinking I misspelled it,then switched to chrome browser thinking it might be a firefox issue but got the same result. Had to google it to get in

So I'm not the only one... but are we the only two? I hate when crap like that happens! I freak out thinking I've been hacked. :eek:

This issue last night was on my laptop. This morning, it still happens on my laptop but my desktop link to CC works fine.

I deleted the link to CC's home page and made a new one to the Carnival boards. I'll miss seeing any news flashes on the CC home page, but I mostly looked at the pictures there anyway.

FWIW: I use Google Chrome.

Repeat after me, "Love modern technology! I love modern technology, I love modern technology..............."

Since this seems to be happening to some, but not all users of these boards, I would suggest that it is an issue somewhere in the maze of huge internet routers. It will probably be fixed fairly soon.

If you are worried about viruses (viriiii{?}) be sure you are using the latest and greatest version of your anti-virus software. Currently, I am using the latest iteration of Avast, which is free and works very well, at least for me.

Also, you need to have at least two different malware programs installed that work in different manners. I use the old warhorse, Spybot, Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes. Again, these are both free applications. These two play well together.

None of these do any good unless they are updated and run regularly. Avast runs on all our computers every night and updates 4 times a day. I run the malware programs at least once a week.

Doc

Archived