Liberty Spa Deck Family Staterooms Gone?

manmachine

We have booked and paid for our 15th Carnival cruise-- and reserved for the 4th time a Spa deck Family Stateroom. We love the fact that you get extra space, are near the front of the ship and Camp Carnival, and those great floor to ceiling windows.

Just read another thread that says they are gone. Went online and the category for which I have a confirmation is now missing.

I wonder when Carnival was going to let me know?

Honestly, not sure what we are going to do now if this is true... Disappointed. Not sure any other option exists for more space, front of ship, without springing a lot more cash for a suite.

Wish someone had let me know, rather than me finding out on my own.

They aren't gone - they just have balconies now. I wouldn't complain! I'm booked in one for next month, and I am thrilled!

They have balconies, yes, which were cut out of the cabin space. With 4 of us in the cabin, we need the space more than the balcony. I have been in GS, OV, balcony, one inside connected to balcony (yes, Spirit class has this), but we have stayed more often and enjoy the Spa Deck Scenic Ocean Views the most.

The category I booked and had confirmed is, in fact, gone... It looks like. Though no one from Carnival has told me this.

I guess I should have boarded and been surprised?

They have balconies, yes, which were cut out of the cabin space. With 4 of us in the cabin, we need the space more than the balcony. I have been in GS, OV, balcony, one inside connected to balcony (yes, Spirit class has this), but we have stayed more often and enjoy the Spa Deck Scenic Ocean Views the most.

The category I booked and had confirmed is, in fact, gone... It looks like. Though no one from Carnival has told me this.

I guess I should have boarded and been surprised?

Have you called to transfer to an Ocean View room for 4? I'm sure they'll do that.

I have seen a lot about Carnival not letting people know about these type of situations.

To be far, you said " just read another thread that says they are gone" which is why the other poster said they are still there with a balcony.

Have you called to transfer to an Ocean View room for 4? I'm sure they'll do that.

Appreciate your help. That would address the more space, front of ship, and near Camp Carnival concern nicely.

We research a lot before we book. We chose the cabin we wanted. I understand if Carnival needs to make a change. But they need to tell their customers booked into those arrangements.

What WAS the old sq ft on those cabins?

They are still larger then regular cabins 195 sq ft with 35 sq ft balcony.

8F 195/35 sq ft

They were 220 square ft. The balcony comes right out of the floor space.

I was just re/reading one of my old posts about how much we loved them.

What gets me is Carnival planning this change... Finalizing this change... Making this change... And never planning, finalizing, or making plans to let folks booked into this unique class of cabin know of the change.

OP I think you are darn lucky. I booked a OV on Ecstasy that became a balcony and they said either pay $120 per person more or they would move me to another OV of their choice.

I hear they dont do it on this class, you get to stay.... they called several times and left threatening messages, pay up or be moved (unfortunately I seem to have put my parents number in my profile as what I thought was a emergency number so it was my mom they were calling and threatening).

If they are not moving you are charging you extra, why are you upset?

OP I think you are darn lucky. I booked a OV on Ecstasy that became a balcony and they said either pay $120 per person more or they would move me to another OV of their choice.

I hear they dont do it on this class, you get to stay.... they called several times and left threatening messages, pay up or be moved (unfortunately I seem to have put my parents number in my profile as what I thought was a emergency number so it was my mom they were calling and threatening).

If they are not moving you are charging you extra, why are you upset?

I can't believe they would have tried to charge you.

But I believe you.

Again, we booked this cabin for the extra space, and because it was close to Camp Carnival. It is still close, and it has a balcony... But speaking as someone who has had balconies before, if that is what I wanted, that is what I would have booked.

My big question remains: when were they going to tell me?

Archived