Qatar airlines

lolmerry

Hi as anyone travelled with this airline,we are flying from London to singapore via Doha,for our cruise on the zaandam,As the T/a said it is a group booking does that mean you wont be allowed to prebook seats,I know this question as been brought up recently but with a diff airline was just interested if anyone had got any info on qatar airlines, and how to try and book certain seats thanks all

Qatar is a Skytrax five star airline -- up to 34" pitch in economy, and superb IFE. Yes, you will be able to select seats -- all you need is your booking reference number for the flight and booking last name. Go to Qatar's homepage (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/homepage.page) and select "Manage a booking". For equipment out of London, dependent on which flight you are catching, you'll be on an Airbus 330-300 / 340-600 (both with 2-4-2 seating) or Boeing 777-300 (3-3-3) to DOH and a Boeing 777-300 to SIN (3-3-3) so you can use Seatguru (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qatar_Airways/information.php) to help guide you in your seat selections. Scott.

Hello,

I work for a company owned by airlines and they are exactly right...it is an amazing airline and their customer service is top notch. I'd love to be on that flight just to experience the first class service that is missing from many of our US based airlines nowadays.

Have fun!

We flew Qatar this past spring from Lond to Doha and then on the Dubai. It is a great airline with great service. We flew coach but had most of that cabin to ourselves. From London to Doha there were probably only 100 passengers in a 300 passenger plane.

I have not flown on Qatar Airlines but for several years the Embassy of Qatar occupied the 2nd floor of my office building in Washington DC.

It was so interesting to get on the elevator with the embassy people and peak out the doors when the elevator doors opened.

They had x-ray scanners for bags and people just like at the airport. Lots of very fancy furniture that looked to be gold leafed and huge pictures of leaders in typical arab dress.

One evening I was heading to the parking garage and some woman got on the elevator and then we stopped on the embassy floor and more people got on. The other woman strangely asked if they new the ambassador and a very dignified man reported "I am the ambassador". She did have much to say after that.

After 9/11 anything viewable from the elevator was blocked off by reflective glass and they have since moved to a larger location on M Street.

Archived