Paradise Beach?

39august

Just looked at some pictures of Paradise Beach and it looks great. BUT, is it true that ships are using this beach for their ship beach excursions? If so, it is going to be very crowded all the time (that ships are in port). So what's the scoop, please?

We were just at Paradise Beach in early September and loved it. You can see my pics here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30761272&postcount=29

Your pics seem to mirror my experience with Paradise Beach. The pool looks absolutely gorgeous. However, the beach water is murky and unappealing, and the sand is almost non-existent because it is entirely covered with lounge chairs placed so close together that they almost touch. Not my idea of relaxing, but to each his own.

We just got back from our cruise. We went to Paradise Beach on our Cozumel day. The pool area and all of the grounds are beautiful. The beach water was a little murky looking but I just figured it all must be in Cozumel.

We would go here again .

Murky water is NOT the norm in Cozumel. Take a look at the water where the ship docks. You can see the fish underwater from the ship! Where we go the water is amazing! I am asking this question for my stepdaughter, husband and child. They want to go tp PB for the water toys.

Murky water is NOT the norm in Cozumel. Take a look at the water where the ship docks. You can see the fish underwater from the ship! Where we go the water is amazing! I am asking this question for my stepdaughter, husband and child. They want to go tp PB for the water toys.

If there has been a storm the water will be stirred up. All the Cozumel beach clubs are on the same long stretch of beach so if the water is murky at Paradise Beach it is going to be murky at all of them.

If there has been a storm the water will be stirred up. All the Cozumel beach clubs are on the same long stretch of beach so if the water is murky at Paradise Beach it is going to be murky at all of them.

Please check out my photos in the link I posted above. The photos I took from the port had clean, clear water. The photos from the east side of the island had GORGEOUS, clean, clear water. The photos from Paradise Beach show water which was dark, dirty, and murky. The photos were all taken the same day and there was NOT any major rain.

I'm not saying I didn't hit this beach at a bad time, but the water at the port and the east side beaches did not look the same as the water near Paradise Beach.

And aside from the water, Paradise Beach just isn't a relaxing place. Who wants to sit in a lounge chair that almost touches the next one? And how are kids (and adults) supposed to "play" in the sand when there's no sand to play in? The little strip of sand is entirely covered with lounge chairs. So don't plan on building any sand castles or anything...

Please check out my photos in the link I posted above. The photos I took from the port had clean, clear water. The photos from the east side of the island had GORGEOUS, clean, clear water. The photos from Paradise Beach show water which was dark, dirty, and murky. The photos were all taken the same day and there was NOT any major rain.

I'm not saying I didn't hit this beach at a bad time, but the water at the port and the east side beaches did not look the same as the water near Paradise Beach.

And aside from the water, Paradise Beach just isn't a relaxing place. Who wants to sit in a lounge chair that almost touches the next one? And how are kids (and adults) supposed to "play" in the sand when there's no sand to play in? The little strip of sand is entirely covered with lounge chairs. So don't plan on building any sand castles or anything...

I don't need to read your link. I have been going to Coz every year on cruises for 20 years. The last few years I have been going to Paradise Beach. Found it very relaxing every time. I prefer their ala carte fees to the clubs with a cover charge. As far as sand there is more sand at Paradise than the other clubs. That is a reason I have done Paradise the last few years. The others had most of their beach washed away by Hurricane Wilma. As far as the water quality all the beaches in that stretch are on the same coast. If you take a walk you will see the clubs are next to each other. So the water is going to be the same. Duh. The water is not going to be dark at Paradise and clear right next door. Is the same Ocean on the west coast of Coz! By the way, the ships dock on the west side of Coz and the beaches that most cruise people go to are on the west side, not the east side because it is too rough to swim on the east side so comparing the water quality of the two sides makes little sense. It is apples to oranges. The east is open to the Caribbean and the west faces the Mexican mainland. Sure the water will be different on the two sides.

We go to a beach club north of San Miguel, not to the beaches south of town. Water is always crystal clear, unless there has been a storm. Yes, not much beach as Wilma took most of it, but the water views are amazing.

We go to a beach club north of San Miguel, not to the beaches south of town. Water is always crystal clear, unless there has been a storm. Yes, not much beach as Wilma took most of it, but the water views are amazing.

Which club do you go to? I am not hard coded to Paradise Beach. I have switched around over the years. I do prefer ala carte to the clubs that have a cover charge as I don't drink or eat that much at the hot beach. Paradise Beach has fulfilled my preferences the last few years. I prefer to do the eating and drinking after the beach at Carlos and Charlie's, Senior Frogs or the similar places on the dock.

• 4 weeks later...

Paradise beach was okay, but I agree, it can get a little crowded and the sand space is pretty limited. Plus the guys passing out the water toys and such suddenly became hard of hearing and rather stupid when I requested a raft (and I know they spoke English) Everyone else was nice, though.

Paradise Beach has the benefit of beach and pool. Both are rarely crowded. You can bounce back and forth between the two. The service is great and the grounds are beautiful. Plus, it cost nothing to enter and check it out. My vote is for Paradise Beach.

Archived