I need help changing cabins

indyweir

I am currently booked on the Star in a DOS leaving on November 13 (23 days:)). My room is prime real estate from what I have read on these threads, but I am not sure I am going to be happy with it. I have stayed in a OS on the Dawn before and loved it, but the DOS I am booked in is closed off with a piller blocking the front windows. The pictures I have found for the two bedroom DOS is not as wide open as the OS and appears to look smaller even though it is just as big.

I would like to move to a OS (there is still 3 open). I have called and emailed my CC and expressed my wishes to move with no return call from him, but I don't really want to pay the extra 1400.00 if I don't have to. Should I continue to call my CC and see if they can reduce the rate or just call some random CC and explain that I won't be happy with the DOS and see what they offer? I don't want to be a pest to my CC, but with the cruise right around the corner I am getting worried the OS I want will be taken or upsold to someone else.

Any suggestions?

I have stayed in the DOS on 12 and visited and partied in the OS with 2 balconies.

They are both wonderful and very different! For one thing, the deck 12 suites have much higher ceilings! They are spacious light and airy. But they don't have balconies, which is a deal breaker for some.

I enjoyed both very much. The bathrooms in both are gorgeous. The OS bathroom has a window to the outside, in case that bothers you. The DOS bathrooms are completely enclosed.

I know you will enjoy your cruise no matter what! The concierge, Patrick is wonderful and the DOS butlers, Erlindo and Mark are both superb.

I don't want to be a pest to my CC, but with the cruise right around the corner I am getting worried the OS I want will be taken or upsold to someone else.

Any suggestions?

Wow..youre are being way to nice! Its your $$, your vacation. Unless your CC is a close relative, call whoever you want and get whatever you want. ( especially if youve already tried to reach out to your original CC)

Wow..youre are being way to nice! Its your $$, your vacation. Unless your CC is a close relative, call whoever you want and get whatever you want. ( especially if youve already tried to reach out to your original CC)

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Disney1975- Special thank you for reminding me that it is my money. I finally got ahold of my CC and he informed me the OS that I wanted to move to had already been sold:(. I had some feeling to check online later last night and saw that it had opened back up, so I call in right away and just spoke with the first person that was on the other end and guess what!?!, I got the OS I wanted. I did pay the extra 1400.00, which was full price, but I know I will be happy now!

Happy Cruising everyone and Thanks Again!

I booked an inside deck 4. I see that the OS is available. I want to change but I don't want to pay any more. Do I have a shot at it?

Goose30, I think you do have a good chance for the upgrade, but you have to go through the proper channels. If I were you I would start by emailing Santa Claus with your upgrade request, and if he doesn't respond, I would check with the Easter Bunny. Surely they have the pull to get this done for you.

Archived