norwegian jade gym

cruisejoa

Hi guys.

I know about the spa pss but i am just trying to work out what is actually available to people without it.

I tend to use the gyms on the cruises i go on quite regularly.. but also enjoy the steam rooms/sauna attached to the changing rooms... which is usually the case.

i know in the spa there is a thermal suite, plunge pool sauna steam rooms etc... but from the deck plan there also seems to be additonal steam room next to the gym.

Can anybody plese tell me what everyone who uses the gym can use.... if i dont purchase a spa pass..... i pretty much just want a steam afetr my work out.....

if u have been on jade please let me know

Hi guys.

I know about the spa pss but i am just trying to work out what is actually available to people without it.

I tend to use the gyms on the cruises i go on quite regularly.. but also enjoy the steam rooms/sauna attached to the changing rooms... which is usually the case.

i know in the spa there is a thermal suite, plunge pool sauna steam rooms etc... but from the deck plan there also seems to be additonal steam room next to the gym.

Can anybody plese tell me what everyone who uses the gym can use.... if i dont purchase a spa pass..... i pretty much just want a steam afetr my work out.....

if u have been on jade please let me know

We use the fitness center a lot on our cruises. The FC on the Jade and Gem were great, but I don't remember seeing a steam room. In any event, after half an hour of weights and hour on the stationary bike, I didn't want to risk dehydration on a sauna or steam room.

If you go to the Med in July, just go outside.

We use the fitness center a lot on our cruises. The FC on the Jade and Gem were great, but I don't remember seeing a steam room. In any event, after half an hour of weights and hour on the stationary bike, I didn't want to risk dehydration on a sauna or steam room.

If you go to the Med in July, just go outside.

hmm ok,.... that seems a bit rubbish though :( thanks for ur reply

Can't help you with your questions, but your message has prompted me to ask one. What's the spa pass about - booked Norwegian Jade for Canaries in Jan 2012, and not been on this ship before.

cheers for any replies

We were on the Jade this past February and purchased a spa pass. They sell a limited number of passes when you get on board. You have access to the whirlpools, saunas and heated tile loungers. The spa is on a high deck forward so the views are wonderful on sea days. Plus it was too cool to be out on the pool deck. Enjoy.

• 11 months later...
An old thread but does anyone know what the gym hours are on the Jade?

Some friends just booked a cabin right undeneath it. :eek:

We were on the Jade in March this year. According to my Freestyle Daily the Fitness Centre - Deck 12 Fwd - is open from 6am to 11pm.

Esperanza

I have sailed on both Gem (2 weeks ago) and on Jade (4 years ago). Both had similar sauna's located in the small changing (10 lockers?/1 toilet/1 small shower) rooms attached to the Fitness Center. On Gem you get to the changing room by going through the free weight room just forward of the main fitness area. According to the Deck Plans, there is a similar room in the lady's changing room. On Jade I don't remember the free weight room but maybe it is my old age creeping up on me. On both ships, it is a prefab unit, not large - maybe 3 or 4 guys at a time. I recall steam on Jade but on Gem , my friends who used it (I didn't) complained that there wasn't any steam.

I don't recall the hours but was the PP stated look about right. I do recall reading somewhere on these boards that there are signs put on the free weights and threadmills stating they are not to be used in the early morning hours - due to the Mini Suites on the deck directly below....another reason not to get a mini!:D

Also, if you decide to use the weight scale on Gem, be sure it is set to english and not metric....DDP had a big smile on his face when he thought he had lost 150 pounds overnight! Those darn kilograms:D:D

Have a great cruise.

• 1 year later...