How does the upgrade work?

Monkeys On Board

I have always selected my cabin for all but one cruise on Carnival. I did get a call from the upsell fairy on the morning I was due to depart on a cruise last May.

I was ecstatic because I always book at least a balcony on 7 day cruises, but had settled for one of the cheapest insides (4B) in order to squeeze another cruise in for the year. The fairy called and upgraded me to a balcony! So never say, never. It does happen, albeit very rarely!

This is a little off topic, but there were some issues that came up due to our last minute cabin switch. Some of my Platinum stuff got delevered to the original cabin, and whoever was staying there didn't report it....so we had to request it again. They also delivered our excursion tickets for an excursion that we ordered online before we sailed to that cabin. We asked for them the day we set sail at the excursion desk, and they said they would be delivered later in the week (odd, since pre-oredered excursion tickets are always in my cabin upon arrival)...so we waited and they never came.

We checked again the day, and finally the night before the excursion. They still showed us in the original cabin, so they printed up extra tickets for us at the desk. When we went to meet the people holding the signs for the excursion, they had us sign the back of our tickets (something I have never done before or since). I guess they were trying to find out if the originals were going to be used by someone (The excursion tickets were about $100 each.). I often wondered who was put in that original cabin, and if they tried to use those tickets.

I have been on 21 Carnival cruises. They have called me 3 of my 4 last cruises. One was a free upgrade from a inside to a window. They called the day before the cruise while I was driving to port. I always book early saver,cheapest they have.

Archived