Cruised on Ecstasy 10/8/11 room E240 <OH YUCK!>

Monkeys On Board

We had a great time on Ecstasy EXCEPT for the fact that the people that were in this cabin last got sick and did not report it to Carnival! Really!!!?? We got in the room and it was ok, when I started to smell something icky around the far side of the bed... I get that people get sea sick & or drink too much BUT really? When something happens in your stateroom just report it and Carnival will clean carpets, send in a dryer, and or an ionizer (not sure of the spelling) but you have to report it first!!

It was very nasty to find out that someone got sick in the room you are now in!!

As far as how Carnival reacted to our problem...they jumped to attention and did above and beyond what was needed. I reported it to our cabin steward and he had the carpets cleaned and a dryer in our room within an hour. When that didn't do enough for us I went down to report it to the front desk, before I got back to the room they had already sent in a team to clean the carpet again! The funny part was I left my DH on the balcony smoking a cigar and when I got back to the room they had already cleaned the carpet again and my DH didn't even notice!

That cleared it up for most of the cruise but the day before we got off the ship I decided to go to the front desk again to let them know that it was not completely gone. Not enough for us to be mad but enough that I was concerned about the next people in our room. I really hope that Carnival fixed the problem before the next people were in our room. They really seemed to care and did everything but move us from our room to fix the problem. Carnival did offer us another room if we needed it. My experience with Carnival has been nothing but awesome I just feel like the people that had our room before us should've reported the problem! There is nothing to be embarrassed about...people get sick at sea...BUT the fact that you did nothing only mad it icky for us!!!!! Remember, even when you clean up a mess it might still be stuck in the carpet and professionals may be needed to completely fix the problem! Kudos to Carnival for helping to make what could be an nasty experience for the next people in the room (US), but the way that they jumped to attention and made us feel like we were there only customers, was a great experience. THANK YOU CARNIVAL!!

I am so happy Carnival was attentive. You mentioned they offered you another cabin. Was just wondering why you didn't take it? Was the location undesirable? I would have moved even to a lesser cabin with the smell of vomit looming in my cabin. You had a great attitude throughout. I take things in stride too, so good for you :)

I am so happy Carnival was attentive. You mentioned they offered you another cabin. Was just wondering why you didn't take it? Was the location undesirable? I would have moved even to a lesser cabin with the smell of vomit looming in my cabin. You had a great attitude throughout. I take things in stride too, so good for you :)

I imagine they didn't want to move because E 240 is an aft facing balcony. The balcony is larger than the standard balcony on this ship. We had the same cabin in May and loved the location. We really liked being able to pop up the back stairs to Serenity. I am glad Carnival was so responsive to the situation.

Carnival had another cabin but it did not have a balcony...if the smell was constant and really bad we would've taken it but it was not. They really did better than I thought they could. We were very pleased at how the problem was resolved or attempted to be resolved. Besides we had that aft balcony...AWESOME!!! I'm just really really disappointed about the prior guests in E240! I know it was embarrassing but...you need to report it so it can be fixed!! Even if you were trashed you could always say you were sea sick and no one would even think anything bad about you! I'm thrilled with Carnival not so happy with the travelers.

While I think it's nice that Carnival responded promptly, am I the only one grossed out that the room stewards didn't catch it in the first place while 'cleaning' cabin for next guest?

I was thinking the same thing! Makes you wonder what else the stewards "miss" when cleaning for the next passengers...:eek:

While I think it's nice that Carnival responded promptly, am I the only one grossed out that the room stewards didn't catch it in the first place while 'cleaning' cabin for next guest?

That's the first thing i thought about. But then again s/he may not have noticed it due to the fact that there wasn't a 'mess'. But if the OP smelled it the steward should have smelled it too you would think:rolleyes:

Archived