Sojourn Panama Canal transit tomorrow

Martita B.

Going through the Panama Canal on the Pride was a great experience -- there our little ship was in the locks dwarfed by all of the big cargo ships and cruise ships. It was also interesting to note the progress of the contsruction of the expansion. Of course Seabourn did it up right with a shipboard version of caviar in the surf. The Maitre 'd and a couple of waiters stood in the spas and served the chamapange and caviar from the surfboard. What a fun memory!

Yes, a fun and memorable experience ~ I loved watching those steel "mules" work the locks ~ I was aboard the Legend and to our surprise Seabourn hosted a cocktail affair at the Canal Headquarters ~quite interesting!

I've yet to hear from the Sojourn as to the transit times ~

Here is the Canal website I use to view transits:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

MB

ARRIVAL of ship:SEABOURN SOJOURNPort:PANAMA CANALTime:Oct 25 2011 12:40PM (UTC)

(Time of arrival/departure is the time the vessel approaches the entrance/exit of the port respectively)

See the current position of the vessel "SEABOURN SOJOURN" if it is within the range of the system... See the position and the track of the vessel "SEABOURN SOJOURN" at the time of arrival...

Great pics but oh how disappointing for the Sojourn passengers. While rain is never fun it is a real shame that it is so lousy on such a special day. I remember that we were so enthralled by the transit that we pretty much parked ourselves at a table up by the Sky bar in the shade all day and watched the transit unfold.

Archived