Package Charge

mikedge

Does anyone know what the "package" charge from Princess represents. Even my travel agent does not know,and it is £76 per person (or app $120) from the UK and is included an an extra charge.

When I asked I was told that it was transfer costs between the airport and the pier in both directions. If you want to make your own arrangements you can have the charge removed.

Thanks Josy. Since I am looking at a flight to Miami with an overnight stop, and the cruise from Port Lauderdale, this makes sense. Do you know if the charge would have included an overnight stay in Miami/ Port Lauderdale? If so I can make the decision as to whether to to do the deal with Princess or make my own arrangements before boarding the cruise.

Regards

Mike

This charge generally includes overnight hotel cost, transfer form airport to hotel and hotel to pier. Flights from UK are usually the day before cruise departure because they arrive mid/late afternoon and would be unlikely to make the ship on the same day. Hospitality at the same hotel is sometimes included with a meal and a chance to freshen up on your return.

Difficult to believe OP's TA does not know what a "Package" consists of on a Princess booking :rolleyes:. Yes it is airport/ ship transfers which may be automaticly added to a booking and must be removed if not required.

I think this is because previously in the UK everything was included in one overall price. It is only recently that they have been seperating the different aspects into individual amounts.

Hi There

There is a massive difference between a US TA and a UK one,

UK one will tell you where the brochures are, will not be able to answer any questions, but will call the cruise line for you.

For the OP Princess has the Ft L run from the UK down to an art,

You might save £40 doing it yourself but just not worth the hassel.

Then if anything goes wrong any saving will be lost big time,

You are met by Princess reps while still in the airport , a bus called

a couple of times we have had a greyhound all to ourselves,

then at the hotel more reps to give you assistance, next morning another bus about 40minride to the ship,

again more reps , all very smooth,

what can go wrong about a week before our flight airline moved flight forward, as such we had to fly down to London stay over night get a taxi to airport, Princess organised everything and paid for it,

folks who had made there own flights to London lost everything and had to rebook not cheap

our like on the way back flight was late, over Atlntic captain came on to say folks with Princess flights have had onboard flights re booked, reps were at London to show us the way.

The hotel most used for UK flights is Miami West Inter Con. at Doral

yours Shogun

Hi There

There is a massive difference between a US TA and a UK one,

UK one will tell you where the brochures are, will not be able to answer any questions, but will call the cruise line for you.

For the OP Princess has the Ft L run from the UK down to an art,

You might save £40 doing it yourself but just not worth the hassel.

Then if anything goes wrong any saving will be lost big time,

You are met by Princess reps while still in the airport , a bus called

a couple of times we have had a greyhound all to ourselves,

then at the hotel more reps to give you assistance, next morning another bus about 40minride to the ship,

again more reps , all very smooth,

what can go wrong about a week before our flight airline moved flight forward, as such we had to fly down to London stay over night get a taxi to airport, Princess organised everything and paid for it,

folks who had made there own flights to London lost everything and had to rebook not cheap

our like on the way back flight was late, over Atlntic captain came on to say folks with Princess flights have had onboard flights re booked, reps were at London to show us the way.

The hotel most used for UK flights is Miami West Inter Con. at Doral

yours Shogun

I have a Scottish TA who certainly does not match your description and has never failed to answer a question yet .:confused:

Archived