Any beaches near Limon?

screwsmcernst

This is a close-by beach to Limon. Our private guide will be taking us there for lunch after we aerial tram at Veragua. After lunch on the beach, we are taking a short cruise on the Tortuguero canals.

From what I've googled, Bonita beach is not much. You might look to head south to Cahuhita (sp?) which seems to have more to offer, but is about 15-20 miles away.

• 3 weeks later...
..........From what I've googled, Bonita beach is not much. You might look to head south to Cahuhita (sp?) which seems to have more to offer, but is about 15-20 miles away.

There are beaches all along the main road from Limon to Cahuita..........the issue would be a return trip - it's pretty rural, not many hotels etc. There are several beach "villages" along the way & at the entrance to Cahuita.

Uncertain as to the procedure for visitors, one has to sign in at the entrance to Cahuita National Park. Also, there is NO snorkeling without a guide, not allowed - guides do hang around at the entrance.

or a good place for surfing?

The local kids surf @ Cahuita, not real good surf when I was there but it would be enough for fun. It's certainly a nice beach that goes on for miles. Pull up a shady spot under one of the almond trees & enjoy!

P1000304.jpg

Archived