Best Way to Get To/From Cruise Terminal from Airport

br3ds0x

We will be sailing on Celebrity out of San Juan in March, and had a few questions. We will be landing around 11am, and have read that we can't check in for the cruise til a few hours later. What is the best thing to do in the mean time? Are we best off just taking taxis to the port, waiting to check in, then taking taxis back to the city (since the boat doesn't leave til late). Or is it possible to hire a driver (there are 8 of us) to take us around. Then we could go to a restaurant or something after we land, keep the luggage in the car, then have them take us to the cruise terminal later in the day.

Any tips?

By the time your flight lands, you get your luggage and make your way to the crub at the airport, catch a taxi/van/shuttle and go to the terminal. You will be able to start checking in.

I don't know which pier Celebrity uses for embarkation but for normal port calls, they go to the downtown Old San Juan piers. You will be in the heart of Old San Juan..... if Celebrity boards there and I think they do.

Check in, get rid of your luggage and enjoy Old San Juan.

Celebrity uses the Pan Am pier. When we sailed Summit we were on board by noon. Check in started a little after 11AM. I'd just head right to the pier, check in, have lunch on board, by that time you'll be able to get to your cabin, drop your carry-ons then you can head back out to see Old San Juan. You'll need to take a taxi over to OSJ and back again. Just make sure you know what time you have to back on board.

• 2 months later...

Question on getting from the airport to the cruise port. Is there any supplier other than the cruise line that you can use. We are also cruising the Summit in March and did our own air but this will be the 2nd time we have been in San Juan and last time we used RCCL transportation, big bus. There is 4 of us and usual luggage :) more than we need.

Thanks for any help. Beth

Question on getting from the airport to the cruise port. Is there any supplier other than the cruise line that you can use. We are also cruising the Summit in March and did our own air but this will be the 2nd time we have been in San Juan and last time we used RCCL transportation, big bus. There is 4 of us and usual luggage :) more than we need.

Thanks for any help. Beth

Taxis have a fixed TRIP rate to the pier - I think it was $25 or $30. There are a million at the airport and it is much cheaper than cruise transport. Plus, you can ask the driver to stop at a grocery store/drugstore if you wanted to pick up anything.

Taxis have a fixed TRIP rate to the pier - I think it was $25 or $30. There are a million at the airport and it is much cheaper than cruise transport. Plus, you can ask the driver to stop at a grocery store/drugstore if you wanted to pick up anything.

There is also a handling fee for the luggage. I think it is $1/bag.

Archived