cruise certificate?

I am ways reading different things about the certificate. we are going on the epic in November and plan on buying one but we want to use it on a SJ suite on the dawn is this a Specialty Suite? I have read here that you can use it for a suite

we may have 5 people in the cabin does that make a difference? thanks for your help

I am ways reading different things about the certificate. we are going on the epic in November and plan on buying one but we want to use it on a SJ suite on the dawn is this a Specialty Suite? I have read here that you can use it for a suite

we may have 5 people in the cabin does that make a difference? thanks for your help

Here's a link to the terms of the certificates...

http://www2.ncl.com/popup/cruise_rewards_terms

NCL's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms & Conditions for US and Canada

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or NCL at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation.

1. When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive Cruise Reward credit in USD or CAD based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your NCL guest record or NCL Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

2. Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

3. A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

5. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer.

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

7. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit.

8. You must notify NCL or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

9. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be combined with chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

10. To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

11. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.

I believe you can purchase them and use them to book a suite but a suite will require more than the certificate to hold..if Im wrong I am sure someone will correct me...:D

It depends on the suite. I know I am able to use it on an AE or now SF but I know at some point higher up it is not sufficient for the full deposit.

that is what I am trying to find out, is an SJ classifed as a Specialty Suite. I can call but thought someone here will know. Thanks

The SJ is not a specialty suite on the Star so shouldn't be one on the Dawn.

We were able to use our cruise rewards certificate as full deposit on our SJ suite for the Pacific Coastal cruise. There were four of us in the stateroom.

It is still going to be worth buying and using regardless of whether your in a specialty suite or not. Worst case, it's still good for $250 of the deposit on your suite. You may need to kick in the remainder of the suite deposit from your pocketbook. But since you've only put $150 out of pocket to get that certificate's $250, it's still worth it. If you're 100% certain you'll cruise NCL again, there is no reason not to buy one and use it. Suite or not. It will either be good for a full deposit (in a non-suite) OR good for $250 toward a suite deposit.

definitely cant go wrong with these.

will be purchasing 2 or 3 more on my Dec cruise!!

Perhaps I am tired because it is late, but why would you purchase more than one per cruise? They have a time limit [4 yrs.] and you can only use one per trip, so why not just purchase one each cruise? Sorry.....

Perhaps I am tired because it is late, but why would you purchase more than one per cruise? They have a time limit [4 yrs.] and you can only use one per trip, so why not just purchase one each cruise? Sorry.....

Some of us has multiple cruises booked....I have about 8 cruise rewards in use currently for future cruises. I also purchase a few for friends, the cruise rewards are transferrable....so you can also give them as gifts as well.

As Got Tequilla said.

I purchased one on our last cruise thinking we were going in the next 4 years. Got home and discovered our friends wanted to take their honeymoon vacation on NCL, I was able to transfer my FCR to them. Then they would purchase two onboard and transfer one back to me when we book our next cruise and keep one for themselves for their next one.

They didn't really care about saving the deposit amount but did really love the idea of the onboard credit.

Archived