Tell me about Balconies

Tess2mommies

Congrats on your balcony! You will LOVE it (and yes, you will get spoiled, and probably will never cruise again without a balcony!)

The ocean is so amazing, and hypnotizing! There's nothing like falling asleep with your balcony door open, to the sound of the ocean!!

You are going to love the Coral. She is a great ship. We were on the Emerald deck and had a fully covered balcony. On the Caribe deck they have half-opned half closed.It just depends on what deck and where they are located. Congrats on the balcony.

Marilyn

The Coral/Island is a tricky ship for balconies. IMO the balconies on the higher decks are not the way to go. Caribe is the best deck for balconies. Most are partially covered. There are also some totally covered BE's on Emerald deck aft.

I've been in C637 and loved it. Our next cruise is in B709.

Scott

Beachlovergirl posted this in February - I cannot vouch for its accuracy:

"Coral and Island Princess balcony info.

From Princess Cruise Line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A209-310,A416-504,A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311-427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; 624-737 covered"

One more thing ---- the Coral has 3 bumpout sections - front, center, and aft - (see the floorplans you will see what I mean www.princess.com). I would not take a room close to the bumpout as it is "set back in" so far that I believe it would really affect your view when you look off your balcony to the side (i.e. there would be a big wall of ship next to you).

Balconies are the greatest thing one can do for oneself, BUT when the price spread is $600 to $800 more for a balcony,we elect to go with an inside cabin. Better to go with an inside room than not to go at all. :)

IceBrat -- Do NOT count on the list posted here. It is inaccurate. We sailed on the Coral and the Island Princess(sister ships). In both cases we had Aloha Deck A503 and A504. These were minisuites on the end of one of the bumpout sections. Both were 3/4 covered (the posted list has them as uncovered). We loved the location and really enjoyed the Aloha Deck in the Bumpout. I will say that the balconies were quite small. I think the best balcony cabins will be on the Caribe Deck. the balconies are large and half covered - fully covered in the bumpouts. You will love the Coral!

IceBrat -- Do NOT count on the list posted here. It is inaccurate. We sailed on the Coral and the Island Princess(sister ships). In both cases we had Aloha Deck A503 and A504. These were minisuites on the end of one of the bumpout sections. Both were 3/4 covered (the posted list has them as uncovered). We loved the location and really enjoyed the Aloha Deck in the Bumpout. I will say that the balconies were quite small. I think the best balcony cabins will be on the Caribe Deck. the balconies are large and half covered - fully covered in the bumpouts. You will love the Coral!

Thanks for the tips on the Caribe deck. We have the TA looking into as I type.

Do you mind posting your old cabin numbers, so when I talk to my TA today I can have some possible cabins or areas in mind?

We are upgrading from a DD to a balcony, not sure which Cat yet.

All advice is welcomed.

We had E629. totally covered balcony.

Marilyn

We booked C626 , it's right next door to the suites.

I wonder if its covered or not. Not that it matters considering its my very first balcony.

Good pick. Your balcony is mostly covered except for maybe two feet by the rail.

Scott

• 6 months later...

Hi: I saw that you stayed in cabin E629 on the Coral. We will be in Cabin E630 and I was wondering if you have a good view in both directions from the balcony? The life boats are not too far away from this section and I was curious. Also, even tho the balcony is covered, did you ever have sun on your balcony? Thanks for the info!!!!!!

Archived