Roma Pass

starwhite2

I just got back from a cruise and 4 days pre-cruise Rome. I asked in many locations about the Roma Pass - and the answer was always the same "sold out." I went to tabacchi shops, Punti Informativi Turistici (Tourist Information Sites) and both entrances to the Forum. One man offered this bit of information: The Chinese bought up all the Roma Passes.

Cruisemom: I looked high and low for Archeo Map, in small souvenir shops, book/newspaper seller stands near the Colosseum, fancy book shops, the bookshop in Palazzo Massimo. No one had ever heard of it.

Cruisemom: I looked high and low for Archeo Map, in small souvenir shops, book/newspaper seller stands near the Colosseum, fancy book shops, the bookshop in Palazzo Massimo. No one had ever heard of it.

Sorry! :( It certainly has been a faithful companion for me. Even with it, I wandered high and low around the Celian hill before I finally found the entry for the Roman houses under San Giovanni e San Paolo.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Oh, that IS too bad! We found were able to buy them at the Termini train station in the lower level tabacci shop.

Oh fooey - I missed it -- and I was down in that tabacci shop in Termini lower level to buy train tickets to Civita. Oh well, next time!

Cruisemom, I never walked so much as I did in Rome for 4 days. One day I calculated 7 hours. 5 during the day and 2 at night. All that walking got me in shape for the cruiseship. Hotel Nerva was delightful. Only one negative - traffic would speed by on that tiny Via Tor de Conte. A cab almost knocked me over. And the traffic noise at night was a little unnerving with all those vespas. Probably a problem in Rome in general.

We were in Rome October 15-18th 2011. I bought 3 Roma Passes for my family at the tabacchi shop in Termini train station. Cash only. Later I heard that most of Rome was out of Roma Passes for some reason & I was lucky to get them. I'm guessing is was about €27 or €28 a piece.

Avoiding the ticket line at the Coliseum saved, no joke, at least 2 hours. Made riding the subway a snap, too.

I can NOT over-recommend anyone visiting Rome to try and buy a Roma Pass. If all use use it for is the entry to the Coliseum, it is the best €'s you will spend.

Last time we were in Rome, we bought ours in the Airport terminal. When wee arrived in Rome we did not stay in Rome pre-cruise, went straight to Civiitavechia for one night, then we went back to Rome for 4 days post cruise and used our Roma passes that we had purchased on arrival two weeks earlier.

We were in Rome October 15-18th 2011. I bought 3 Roma Passes for my family at the tabacchi shop in Termini train station. Cash only. Later I heard that most of Rome was out of Roma Passes for some reason & I was lucky to get them. I'm guessing is was about €27 or €28 a piece.

Avoiding the ticket line at the Coliseum saved, no joke, at least 2 hours. Made riding the subway a snap, too.

I can NOT over-recommend anyone visiting Rome to try and buy a Roma Pass. If all use use it for is the entry to the Coliseum, it is the best €'s you will spend.

We just bought our tickets at the Palatine Hill entrance and there was a tiny line there. After we were done with Palatine Hill, we just skipped the line into the Colosseum with the ticket too :) That was A LONG line.

Archived