Carrying on drinks...logistics help

pbs14

No water is not counted. I took 40 water bottles on last month for my husband and myself along with two 12 packs of sodas. No problem.

I still drink some ship water but not too much as all the salt causes ankles to swell. Never had any problem bringing alot of bottled water on.

water is counted, they just arent being strict.

No water is not counted. I took 40 water bottles on last month for my husband and myself along with two 12 packs of sodas. No problem.

I still drink some ship water but not too much as all the salt causes ankles to swell. Never had any problem bringing alot of bottled water on.

Water IS counted. If you got away with it, good for you. But don't spread disinformation.

Our first stop is Florida. If I decide to bring on another 12 pack of soda there, will I run into a problem? Will they let me bring it on? Would hate to waste the money and then have them take it away from me.

I am bringing 12 10-oz bottles of juice and 6 16.9-oz bottles of green tea. While the number of bottles exceeds the limit, the ounces allowed doesn't (based on 12 20-oz allowance). Will this be okay?

Probably. So far I have not seen one post where they counted the bottles and said, ok past the limit, you have to leave some behind. If they were being strict, surely someone would have posted it on CC.

Not to say they wouldnt be strict some time in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've only been on 1 Carnival cruise since 2001 (Conquest 2008?) but I've been on 4-5 cruises since then and about 15 others prior. I actually haven't been on a cruise since Oasis of the Seas October 2010 and it had something to do with the nitpickiness of the lines so we mostly vacation at resorts now. We just booked a last minute quick cruise though:

My huz and I just bring a cartridge type water filter (PUR or Brita) and a couple of gallon dispensers for our water and crystal lite. I always buy a soda card and bring my own soda as well since I like my real Diet Coke and not the Coke-lite stuff in the islands. I purchase wine at Dinner anyway - the wine is for me to enjoy in my cabin. When they stopped that - I stopped their line.

I'm grateful we can bring a little wine again. Carnival used to not allow it which is one reasons I've given my business to Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean. So Carnival gets another chance - I'm skeptical but at least we have an Ocean Suite.

I've never bothered bringing water or soda aboard (didn't want to lug the heavy stuff around) but always bring those individual packets of "crystal light" type powdered drink flavoring to change it up. (and Target makes "margarita" flavored ones...good for mixers;))

I think the whole point of Carnival's carry-on rule is to ensure that the "resonable amount" is being honored. Carnival probably figures that most passengers will not bring on more than they can physically carry and lug around, hence the 12 pk of non-alcoholic and 1 bottle of wine or champagne pp over the age of 21. It is the small percentage of folks that think that they need an entire pallet of soda pop and such for a cruise.

JMHO, but Carnival is being pretty generous in allowing us to bring on a few pops and water to enjoy on our cruise. By pushing the issue and trying to bring massive over-the-limit amounts is only going to result in the privledge of allowing this to be taken away. Then we will all be forced to pay that $1.95 per soda pop or buy the pop card. It would be a real bummer for those of us that only want to bring on a small amount to enjoy in our cabin or such. We bring on our pop as a supplement to other beverages not to represent every single drink we will have on the ship. The ship offers lemonaide, tea, water as well as milk, coffee and juice. If a person is that big of soda drinker then Carnival offers the Bubbles-Card.

Just respect the rules and follow the allotted amounts and everyone will be a winner. If it's too much to carry on then it's probably too much to be bringing.

We just got back from a cruise. I did not remember it had to be in carry on. Being diabetic I drink only pepsi max..I am severly allergic to nutrasweet..well the drug mannital in nutrasweet is what I am allergic to. I packed 12 20oz plastic bottles of it in my checked suitcase. However, I do use a walker so maybe that was why they didnt say anything but dang that was aheavy 12 pack but was sure glad I had my favorite soft drink since I am not overly fond of booze.

I did try pinot grezio (?sp) and it was ok

I did try kiss on the lips and it was AMAZING!

But stuck with my pepsi max for the most part. If you drink diet drinks or are wanting to change to diet drinks..try very cold pepsi max. Its the only non nutrasweet soda that I have liked since the pre nutrasweet diet pepsi.

I think the whole point of Carnival's carry-on rule is to ensure that the "resonable amount" is being honored. Carnival probably figures that most passengers will not bring on more than they can physically carry and lug around, hence the 12 pk of non-alcoholic and 1 bottle of wine or champagne pp over the age of 21. It is the small percentage of folks that think that they need an entire pallet of soda pop and such for a cruise.

JMHO, but Carnival is being pretty generous in allowing us to bring on a few pops and water to enjoy on our cruise. By pushing the issue and trying to bring massive over-the-limit amounts is only going to result in the privledge of allowing this to be taken away. Then we will all be forced to pay that $1.95 per soda pop or buy the pop card. It would be a real bummer for those of us that only want to bring on a small amount to enjoy in our cabin or such. We bring on our pop as a supplement to other beverages not to represent every single drink we will have on the ship. The ship offers lemonaide, tea, water as well as milk, coffee and juice. If a person is that big of soda drinker then Carnival offers the Bubbles-Card.

Just respect the rules and follow the allotted amounts and everyone will be a winner. If it's too much to carry on then it's probably too much to be bringing.

We are Diet Pepsi drinkers. If Carnival would sell Pepsi products in addition to Coke products, we would consider buying a soda card, and then wouldn't have to bring a 12-pack with us. Not sure what kind of a deal Coca-Cola makes with Carnival for exclusively selling their products, but until (if ever) Carnival has Pepsi products available, I guess we'll continue to bring our own.

We are Diet Pepsi drinkers. If Carnival would sell Pepsi products in addition to Coke products, we would consider buying a soda card, and then wouldn't have to bring a 12-pack with us. Not sure what kind of a deal Coca-Cola makes with Carnival for exclusively selling their products, but until (if ever) Carnival has Pepsi products available, I guess we'll continue to bring our own.

I agree, if there is something that is not offered then this policy makes it nice to be able to enjoy what you like. My husband and I bring on one 12pk of Diet Ginger Ale for both of us. The diet GA is not available on the ship. I bring it mostly as a back up to sip in case of motion sickness. The one 12 pk is plenty for the 2 of us and we usually have a few left at the end of the cruise. We also brought a 6-pk of bottled water just for the excursions. The ship only wants sealed bottles to be taken off the ship. While on the ship, we used reusable water bottles. The water on the Lido was just fine. :)

The ship only wants sealed bottles to be taken off the ship. While on the ship, we used reusable water bottles. The water on the Lido was just fine. :)

Huh? News to me. I haven't been on CCL since Fall of 2010 but never had an issue filing up a Nalgene bottle with tap water and taking it along on shore. This goes for any cruise I've sailed on.

I find no justification in this policy if it is true. Especially since they mark up bottled water about 100-200% to sell you on the way off the ship, which I find repugnant.

Russell

Actually, I think the reason the "free allowance" is limited to carry-ons is because otherwise there would be no way to prevent passengers from doubling their allowance. Any passenger could carry on the allowance and check the same amount as well. To prevent it, Carnival would have to create a system to record what was being brought on by each passenger at each of the two points, and then cross reference them to detect any excess amounts. It was simply easier to say that all beverages brought on must be in carry ons.

As for the original poster's question (which seemed to have been lost), you can always go to your cabin deck and ask if it is okay to drop off your beverages. It is important to be respectful of the rules and stay out of the workers' way while they're preparing the cabin areas. But if they invite you in, then surely no one would object to that.

We just got back from a cruise. I did not remember it had to be in carry on. Being diabetic I drink only pepsi max..I am severly allergic to nutrasweet..well the drug mannital in nutrasweet is what I am allergic to. I packed 12 20oz plastic bottles of it in my checked suitcase. However, I do use a walker so maybe that was why they didnt say anything but dang that was aheavy 12 pack but was sure glad I had my favorite soft drink since I am not overly fond of booze.

I did try pinot grezio (?sp) and it was ok

I did try kiss on the lips and it was AMAZING!

But stuck with my pepsi max for the most part. If you drink diet drinks or are wanting to change to diet drinks..try very cold pepsi max. Its the only non nutrasweet soda that I have liked since the pre nutrasweet diet pepsi.

I'm confused by this. NutraSweet is simply a brand name for Aspartame, which IS found in Pepsi Max as well as Diet Pepsi.

Archived