Chef's Table Questions

SardisGrandma

When I was on the Dream last year they made u wait til onboard to book the chefs table. I think I read something somewhere that says now u book through John Healds blog. So my questions are; How do I book the chefs table for magic departing galveston on may 27, 2012? Anyone know what night of the week its on? Are 14 yr olds allowed to book this too? I really wouldnt even want her there but at this point I dont know any one else that will b onboard & shes so bashful I'm scared she wouldnt go to club c & dont want to leave her alone. Also if its true that u can book prior to boarding when do u pay? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I've tried for 2 days to post this question to canival forums but cant get in.

When I was on the Dream last year they made u wait til onboard to book the chefs table. I think I read something somewhere that says now u book through John Healds blog. So my questions are; How do I book the chefs table for magic departing galveston on may 27, 2012? Anyone know what night of the week its on? Are 14 yr olds allowed to book this too? I really wouldnt even want her there but at this point I dont know any one else that will b onboard & shes so bashful I'm scared she wouldnt go to club c & dont want to leave her alone. Also if its true that u can book prior to boarding when do u pay? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I've tried for 2 days to post this question to canival forums but cant get in.

You can book through John Heald. Not sure in 14's can book as it was all adults on our cruise last week. You sign the bill and it is put on your S&S account. Hope this helps a little.

We booked our reservation on the Dream several months in advance by simply e-mailing the Steakhouse on the ship directly. We had a confirmation the next day. As mentioned above, you don't pay until you eat.

I have tried booking through the blog but have always had to resort to the email method. Email masteakhouse@carnival.com

The night of the week is not set in stone as often they will do two different tables on a 7 day cruise if it is popular.

14 year olds can go, but that is an awful lot of food unless she is a big eater.

You will love the Chef's table. We liked it so much on the dream that we booked it on our next cruise on the Legend. It was even better then.

I have tried booking through the blog but have always had to resort to the email method. Email masteakhouse@carnival.com

The night of the week is not set in stone as often they will do two different tables on a 7 day cruise if it is popular.

14 year olds can go, but that is an awful lot of food unless she is a big eater.

You will love the Chef's table. We liked it so much on the dream that we booked it on our next cruise on the Legend. It was even better then.

Carnival requests that passengers not contact the ship directly. It's for that reason that reservations can be requested via John Heald's blog. Use this link: www.johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john. In the dropdown select 'Chef's Table/Steakhouse.' In the comment box add the names of the guests participating; cabin numbers; ship name; sailing date and the email address for the confirmation to be sent to. Expect confirmation to take a week or less.

It really is an amazing culinary experience!!!

:)

We just did the Chef's Table on the Glory and LOVED IT! Worth every penny (that, as previously mentioned, goes onto your S&S account :)).

Others, on similar threads, have commented that it's not necessarily ideal to have children along. I'm sure your 14 year old will be well behaved and all, but she may be bored to tears by the time it's over. It does drag out for several hours. The wait staff will do all they can to make her happy - bring her sodas or whatever. I guess just make sure she knows in advance that it will be a long, quiet evening, devoted to eating and small talk, and that she doesn't have to eat everything on her plate ;)

I hope you both have an amazing cruise!

Thanks everyone for the great info! I did the chefs table on the Dream in 2010 when it first started. It was great. I agree its really not for kids. Definetly not young ones! I would only reserve for myself but cant just leave her alone & she so bashful I'm not sure she'll participate in club c. Besides this cruise is really suppose to be about her. ( shhh dont tell her I cant resist making it about me too! Lol)

She was in a wreck this year.. Broke arm wrist hand in 5 places, right hip, right femur, R tibia, L tibia & fibula, pelvis in 4 places, back in 3 places. Ruptured bladder, lacerated kidney & spleen. Has numerous plates, rods, nuts & bolts piecing here back together. She was cleared this month from all surgeons & physical therapy. During these months of recovery its been well frankly.. Horrible. Had to re learn everything & excruiciatingly painful. She was depressed & gave up many times esp as a teen she was put in diapers & all sorts of degrading things. Throughout it all I showed of pics of carnival ships, past cruises I had been on. Waterslides, etc. With promises of somehow I would save up & we'd go on a Carnival Cruise if only she'd just try to sit, eat , plow thru the pain of PT, etc. Shes fine now & I booked it!!

Carnival requests that passengers not contact the ship directly. It's for that reason that reservations can be requested via John Heald's blog. Use this link: www.johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john. In the dropdown select 'Chef's Table/Steakhouse.' In the comment box add the names of the guests participating; cabin numbers; ship name; sailing date and the email address for the confirmation to be sent to. Expect confirmation to take a week or less.

It really is an amazing culinary experience!!!

:)

Mach,

Any word on if Carnival would considering adding this to Activities & Excursions and enable it to be booked thru their website?

Chefs table when I went last year was $75. We met in a nice area had champayne & appetizers then led on a tour of the galley by the head chef. Then led do a beautifully prepared table in the galley where we could watch the chefs prepare our meal. It was many courses & took about 3 or 4 hrs. It included red & white wine, a pic of the group. W/chef & a pic of individual w/chef. (dont remember if that one was included)each course was thoroughly explained; type of food names where from how prepared etc. I drank enough wine to pay for the meal. It wasnt your avg dishes either. Very elegant! Chef remained at tableside talking joking & answering questions staff constantly refilling glasses. They were never empty! Samples of strawberries dipped in chocolate also given during tour.

Oh btw thanks Host Mach. Web address great. Waiting on confirmation.

Archived