Corkage Fee Info from NCL

Splatitudes

Effective immediately, guests will be allowed to bring bottle(s) of wine onboard all NCL, NCL America and Orient Lines’ ships. When served or consumed in any restaurant, public room/ area, or in their stateroom, there will be a $15.00 corkage fee per bottle of wine that was not purchased from NCL, NCLA or Orient Lines’. This fee will be charged to the guests onboard account.

Wines that are not featured on NCL, NCLA and Orient Lines’ wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, etc. from another retail source.

If a guest brings a bottle of wine into a restaurant or public room/ area, the staff has the right to inquire whether the wine was purchased onboard, delivered to a stateroom or brought onboard the ship by the guest.

NOTE: The policy regarding Liquor has not changed. Liquor that is brought on board at Embarkation or during the cruise will continue to be secured upon boarding and delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

Well I have it in writing from an NCL customer service rep that it is $10 per bottle on the Star. I wonder if they just raised it. Must be due to the increasing price of gasoline :D .

Well I have it in writing from an NCL customer service rep that it is $10 per bottle on the Star. I wonder if they just raised it. Must be due to the increasing price of gasoline :D .

Just got off the Star on Mar. 29, it is $15.00.

If they "find" 10 bottles of wine they will keep them till the end of the cruise. If you want keep them the fee will be $15.00 wether you drink in your stateroom or at dinner. Buy the wine on board unless you drink wine that is over $50.00 and want to bring it.

Lets see if I've got this right.....it's $15 per bottle even if it's a wine that isn't featured on the NCL wine list and consumed in your cabin? I read somewhere here on the numerous posts on this subject that there would be no charge if it was a wine that was unavailable on board.

Lets see if I've got this right.....it's $15 per bottle even if it's a wine that isn't featured on the NCL wine list and consumed in your cabin? I read somewhere here on the numerous posts on this subject that there would be no charge if it was a wine that was unavailable on board.

I think the confusion was around what wines you could bring. Back in November they started again to allow you to bring your own but only if it was not on the NCL wine list. There has always been a corkage fee for your own wine in the public areas.

The intent is to allow passengers to bring special wines. Thus the comment don't bother to bring anything less the $50. Check out the wine list it is online. Wines that retail with tax here for $20 are $30 on the wine list. Makes no sense to carry your own.

Do they just charge $150 if they find 10 bottles of wine in your carry-ons?

How else could they know if you drank a bottle of wine in your stateroom?

This is correct, but I guess this is just for those "honest" passengers who choose not to try & sneak something onboard b/c it's no longer "illegal". I guess there will always be those cheapskates

Isn't there some type of wine package deal and how much does that cost? Man I already have my wine bubble wrapped and ready to go, but now I am double thinking it if the corkage is $15 per bottle.....YIKES!! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Is the $15 corkage fee for a particular size bottle or does the size not matter? We usually buy the 1.5 liter bottle which is equivalent to 2 standard bottles of wine. Would the corkage fee be $15 for this size bottle? I'm just trying to figure out whether or not it would be worth bringing it with us. We have our favorites which I do not see listed on the NCL wine list.

Is the $15 corkage fee for a particular size bottle or does the size not matter? We usually buy the 1.5 liter bottle which is equivalent to 2 standard bottles of wine. Would the corkage fee be $15 for this size bottle? I'm just trying to figure out whether or not it would be worth bringing it with us. We have our favorites which I do not see listed on the NCL wine list.

You will be fine... the corkage fee is only per bottle, regardless of size

Archived