Question on seating in dining room

SF

I've read that most of the seating in the dining room for the Conquest class ships are a booth for a party of 4. Would anyone know where I can get a picture of the dining room showing the booth option?

Thanks.

A booth for 4 is very nice idea- For some reason the side is up higher-- the sound is almost soundproof where you cant hear the other diners conversations. We sat at a booth and were very pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't say that most are 4 top booths. They take up about a third of the dining room. There are also a lot of larger tables. Not too many two tops.

The booths were very comfortable but we switched to an 8 top to meet more people.

My thoughts exactly. How hard is it to get a table for 2?

There are only a few two-tops so if you don't get one initially it will probably be difficult to switch to one but I'd suggest trying.

You can find out what size your table is by going to the matre-D in the Renoir dining room as soon as you board...this only takes a few minutes as the Renoir Dining Room is located immediately to your left when you board and walk into the lobby.

They can tell you what size table you are at and if you aren't happy with it...you can submit a request to change right then. The next day (monday) you'll receive a card in your cabin "mailbox" if you have been switched. They don't seem to make any changes until after the first night.

Thanks dlb1357 - Do you have to wait until you get onboard to get you table assignment?

My last and first cruise was with Princess and we did anytime dinning. So I'm not sure how all this works. I just assumed we would have our table assigment when our cruise docs arrived.

Thanks dlb1357 - Do you have to wait until you get onboard to get you table assignment?

My last and first cruise was with Princess and we did anytime dinning. So I'm not sure how all this works. I just assumed we would have our table assigment when our cruise docs arrived.

you will not get your dining assingment until you board. Also note that when you "requested" a seating time it was just a request. All dining assignments are usually done as per requested but there are still a few that dont get what they requested.

To avoid a booth for 4 people request a larger table that may seat 6 or 8. Asking for a table for 4 will probably get you the booth.

We are a party of six sailing on the Imagination. After looking at the deck plans on the Carnival website it appears the booths seat six. I really do not want a booth. It just doesn't seem as elegant as a table and since my family and I will be dressing appropriately I think sliding into a booth would be a little cheesy. That being said I should also explain that I had a spinal fusion last summer and find most booths to be harder on my back. What do you think my chances are of changing tables if we are put in a booth? I do carry a medical card about my spinal implant. Have to in order to clear security!:eek:

We had a booth for 6 on the Elation.......we were a group of 6 so at least we were able to put the kids in the middle. I agree that it's kind of hard to slide in and out of the 6 person booths, especially on formal night. Check your table assignment as soon as you board and request a change, if needed. In fact, since you have a medical condition that would make it difficult (not just a hassle) to slide in and out of a booth, maybe you could call carnival (or have your TA notify them). They have a special needs department and should be able to take that request before your cruise.

We are a party of six sailing on the Imagination. After looking at the deck plans on the Carnival website it appears the booths seat six. I really do not want a booth. It just doesn't seem as elegant as a table and since my family and I will be dressing appropriately I think sliding into a booth would be a little cheesy. That being said I should also explain that I had a spinal fusion last summer and find most booths to be harder on my back. What do you think my chances are of changing tables if we are put in a booth? I do carry a medical card about my spinal implant. Have to in order to clear security!:eek:

I bet you could call Carnival and let them know about your medical condition and your request for a table instead of a booth.

Got email from PVP stating he would request a table for us but if I wanted to take it further I could call the Special needs department. Husband did that today, They told him they would put in the same request. Hope this means we get a table. If not I will talk to the Maitre'd when we get on board, after I grab my first foo foo drink of course!!:D

The Renoir Restaurant on the Conquest has round tables in the center on the lower level. Along either side of the tables is booths for four. That part of the restaurant has a raised floor. On the other side of the booths is a combination booth/table. One side is a booth that sits three and the other side of the table has three chairs. It is difficult getting into them, especially on formal nites.

In the aisleway is three tables that sit two. We noticed that the people sitting at them had to dodge left and right every time a waiter went by them with a tray full of food. Along the wall is tables for eight. http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CQ&deckCode=3

I just looked at that site and I see that not all of those table/booths seat six. Only a few seat six, the rest seat four.

Archived