Can you stand one more Sanctuary question?

Mrs. Wilburforce

I understand how to reserve the space. The whole week means lining up as soon as you board. Day to day you line up at the pursers desk.

My question is regarding the day of the Canal transit. I know the fee is $70 for that day. If I want to reserve a chair for the week do I have to include the Canal day or is that day sold separately?

I probably don't have a chance in hell-o, but just in case.

On a partial transit you book the canal day separately. You do not have to book the week to book canal day and vice versa.

I understand how to reserve the space. The whole week means lining up as soon as you board. Day to day you line up at the pursers desk.

My question is regarding the day of the Canal transit. I know the fee is $70 for that day. If I want to reserve a chair for the week do I have to include the Canal day or is that day sold separately?

I probably don't have a chance in hell-o, but just in case.

That happens quite a bit sadly on the B2Bs. Even if they don't open for reservations until later, people already on the ship have advantages for some things that can't be easily overcome.

When on Emerald recently, a friend went to book Sanctuary on embarkation day around 2pm and was told it had been totally booked by 10am that morning - obviously all by back-to-back passengers..............seems totally unfair:mad:

We just returned from a transit, and there were few people in the Sanctuary on transit day (we peaked in from the Sports Deck above). During our mid-October transit many days it was too windy, rainy or overcast. I would have felt a Sanctuary investment was a waste. Just one person's opinion.

Linda

I was wondering what happens on a 10 day cruise? Can you book for 10 days on embarkation, subject to space of course, or can you just book a complete week?

Does anyone know how many spaces they keep on average for daily booking?

I love the idea of Sanctuary because I want a stress free holiday and don't want to have to contend with chair hogs.

You book for full cruise or segment so you would book for 10 days (unless its a partial canal transit in which case canal day is separate).

They kept 6 chairs (all in the sun) open initially, but the Sanctuary did not sell out so there were around 11 each day to start with.

I was wondering what happens on a 10 day cruise? Can you book for 10 days on embarkation, subject to space of course, or can you just book a complete week?

Does anyone know how many spaces they keep on average for daily booking?

I love the idea of Sanctuary because I want a stress free holiday and don't want to have to contend with chair hogs.

Just curious, when you reserve a spot in the Sanctuary do you get the same lounge chair every day or is that subject to who gets there first and claims their chair. Can you move the chairs up there to a different location within the Sanctuary?

Newbie: You can see the Sanctuary on the Princess main web page - there's a video clip. You can also use youtube to see it.

First poster: You do daily bookings right up there at the Sanctuary entrance, not at the purser's desk.

Others: You get the same bed for the whole cruise. You are not allowed to move it - a steward will adjust it if you want, but won't move it much from original location.

In conversing with a Sanctuary steward, I learned that they usually book about half of the beds for the whole cruise and leave half for daily use. This may vary depending upon the cruise.

Competion for the Sanctuary really depends heavily on the number of port vs sea days of a cruise. Heavy port itinerary = less demand for the Sanctuary.

When on Emerald recently, a friend went to book Sanctuary on embarkation day around 2pm and was told it had been totally booked by 10am that morning - obviously all by back-to-back passengers..............seems totally unfair:mad:

Do what we did; book a BTB and guarantee a spot :D

Thank you for all the answers. And the other posters questions were helpful as well. I really appreciate gsmiles for clearing up my incorrect impression of where to sign up daily.

I don't plan on using it for Canal day. Also, Calwriter has given me more food for thought on booking for 9 days...like I even have a chance :eek: I think I'll do the daily. I'm staying aboard ship on Costa Rica day, so I may have a chance then!

Wish me luck and many thanks for your kind responses :)

There are very few back to backs on the Partial transits, so you should have a decent chance. Just get in boarding grp 1. They were still selling full passes at sailaway.

Thank you for all the answers. And the other posters questions were helpful as well. I really appreciate gsmiles for clearing up my incorrect impression of where to sign up daily.

I don't plan on using it for Canal day. Also, Calwriter has given me more food for thought on booking for 9 days...like I even have a chance :eek: I think I'll do the daily. I'm staying aboard ship on Costa Rica day, so I may have a chance then!

Wish me luck and many thanks for your kind responses :)

Archived