Congratulations Oceania

chester8

I'm more intrigued by the fact that Insignia, with only 1574 points, scores the same number of stars as Marina.

And I wonder what failing of the ship caused it to score one point less than its twin, Nautica, while Regatta didn't even make the top ten.

So, my question is this.....If Marina and Symphony have the same # of points (1701) why does Symphony have 5 stars and Marina 4 and 3/5?

Mo

Probably depends on who you ask, or where you read of cruise line ratings....

Not long ago, Travel & Leisure rated cruise ships, and at that time, Oceania was rated alone as 4.5 stars. Silversea and Crystal were rated 5 stars.

Oceania's management was quite pleased, as I remember, and they were proud as being rated in a new category all by themselves. FDR never claimed they were a 5 star line - and prided themselves as being rather unique and very special.

While poking around on the above web site I found this in the sc=ection that sefines each cruise line's alcohol policies:

OCEANIA CRUISES

Clear-cut policy, no booze can be carried aboard for any reason.

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests age 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibits the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.

In light of that bit of gross misinformation I don't know that I'd pay much attention to anything else on the site.

While poking around on the above web site I found this in the sc=ection that sefines each cruise line's alcohol policies:

OCEANIA CRUISES

Clear-cut policy, no booze can be carried aboard for any reason.

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests age 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibits the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.

In light of that bit of gross misinformation I don't know that I'd pay much attention to anything else on the site.

The quote is directly from the travel documents we received a couple weeks ago for our 11/30 Regatta cruise. I don't remember if the same was in our last O cruise documents. I do still plan on taking alcohol aboard however as I've heard no complaints of it being confiscated from recent cruisers on these boards.

I wasn't disputing the alcohol policy outlined in the cruise docs in which O reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol, etc. I was disputing the part that says "Clear cut policy, no booze can be carried aboard for any reason." To the best of my knowledge, O has never asserted the right that it has reserved.

It is a legal statement to cover them in the event they find people who abuse their generous policy.

You can take alcohol/wine onboard for consumption in your cabin, wine can be taken to the dining venues paying the corkage fee

Some people abuse the rules & eventually the cruise line will start confiscating the bottles ....ruining it for all who follow the rules

They treat you like responsible adults so PLEASE act like you are one

Lyn

Archived