Airlines Strikes-Only Qantas?

I've seen a few mentions of worrying about airline strikes on the forums. Now there is the news today of Qantas officially being on strike. Are there any other airlines being affected? I know in Europe it is sometimes the entire air/rail systems. We will be flying in on China Eastern Airlines in 2 weeks and just want to be sure we have nothing to worry about.

Qantas aren't on strike. They were shut down by their CEO.

As to your question. I don't think anyone can tell you who will or won't go on strike or shut down at any given moment in time :confused: If you are flying domestically internally on Qantas.....it's anyones guess.

There is also industrial action amongst Customs at present. I believe the latest stop-work stoppages didn't cause too much trouble.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. But I doubt China Eastern Airlines would strike. They'd be shot instantly :P

I just hope you have travel insurance :D

Actually Debsta, I was reading somewhere that travel insurance is not covering the Qantas stike, as it has been ongoing for quite some time.

I think it was covered in the Daily Telegraph during last week, and it did mention dates after which tickets were brought. (At least QF is refunding the airline tickets!)

Actually Debsta, I was reading somewhere that travel insurance is not covering the Qantas stike, as it has been ongoing for quite some time.

I think it was covered in the Daily Telegraph during last week, and it did mention dates after which tickets were brought. (At least QF is refunding the airline tickets!)

yes it would pay to read the fine print in travel insurance.

Qantas aren't on strike. They were shut down by their CEO.

As to your question. I don't think anyone can tell you who will or won't go on strike or shut down at any given moment in time :confused: If you are flying domestically internally on Qantas.....it's anyones guess.

There is also industrial action amongst Customs at present. I believe the latest stop-work stoppages didn't cause too much trouble.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. But I doubt China Eastern Airlines would strike. They'd be shot instantly :P

I just hope you have travel insurance :D

Mis-understood the situation with Qantas. I guess being shut down by the CEO is slightly better from our perspective, as it should only be that one isolated airline?

And I wasn't looking for predictions, just seeing if I had missed any more news. Google didn't bring up anything up on airline strikes, but as I mentioned, several on here had discussed it for some time.

Mis-understood the situation with Qantas. I guess being shut down by the CEO is slightly better from our perspective, as it should only be that one isolated airline?

It may be 'isolated', but it's estimated around 80,000 travellers are stranded due to it.

That's a lot of isolation.

Archived