Qatars flight checkin

lolmerry

Hi,does anyone know when you can prebook seats on qatar airways,We fly in about 8 weeks,the online T/A as given me a booking ref number but when i go to online checkin it comes up as booking unknown,is this because it is still to early? Anyone got any ideas or info on this topic

thanks in advance

I would ask my TA if I were you; that's what they get paid for. It appears that advance seat selection is only available at the time of booking. From Quatar's webpage:

At this moment it is only possible to request a seat on qatarairways.com while making the initial booking. If you want to request a seat or change an existing seat request for an already existing booking please contact your travel agent or any Qatar Airways office. A list of office details can be found here.

Alternatively, you can also check-in online and select your preferred seat. Online check-in is available from 36 hours to 90 minutes before departure

Also from their FAQ page:

Can I request an advance seat assignment when making my booking?

Yes, you may request an advance seat assignment at the end of your online booking, through the confirmation page. Or, you may select a seat through Manage A booking which can be found on the homepage of our website.

Also - However your seat can only be confirmed at the time of check-in and is subject to availability

Archived